Yep it's Hemi orange!

Fargone

The engine is an over sized 251 that I thought was a 265, but with help from Tim and George at Aok I've got a really strong and cool engine. George supplied cam, triple carb intake, rebuilt the carbs, crafted the throttle linkage and carved up my exhaust manifolds. Keith Black Racing actually had pistons for this thing not forged but nice cast units.  All that's left is about 2000 small and medium sized jobs to finish her.  The guys at Pro Stock Performance Machining asked if I wanted the factory engine color for my engine or if they could use hemi orange. 

IMG_1763.jpg

• Like 4

Mine is hemi orange as well...looked great for about 2-3 years...now it’s a bit hard to keep clean....I know it might shock guys...but these things can leak oil and need repairs that scratch the paint! LOL

Looks good, just keep up the pace and you’ll be on the road in no time!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fargone said:

Yep George welded up a nice set of split manifolds from my original.

He did the same for me on my '38 sedan, very nice work.