Engine Mounts, P15; Caution

Sam Buchanan

re: the Master Parts List PDF:  It's too large to send by email.  Is there an interest, and a way to upload it onto this site?  Maybe that would take up too much room here if everyone was contributing something.  Or, do you have some file sharing deal like DropBox?  I used it once years ago to send a large file to someone for business purposes, but I don't know if what I had to set up is still there, or if it would still work, and also don't remember now how to do it.  The other business stepped me through the process.

There was a guy on FaceBook who had scanned the P15 Owner's Manual, and offered it for free, but although I voiced an interest, nothing came of it.  That's something I don't have for my car.  (I would try to print it out to make it look fairly 'original', to keep in the car.)

I have also done the same thing with some other manuals, and have a number of them that I've been working on off & on for years.  (Should concentrate on one at a time, I know.  Currently working on scanning my own Plymouth Service Manual, mostly so that I can print off individual pages when needed, so that I don't get grease on the real one.  I think I said this in a different thread, but I scan first as a photo, then convert one section at a time to PDF, then will combine them all yet.  I'm a "frustrated perfectionist" - always wanting everything to be perfect, but never quite getting there - so it takes a lot of time to get each page scanned straight.  I guess the advantage of scanning directly to PDF is that the text itself is then searchable, but the screen photo process in the original printing doesn't come through as well that way, so it's a trade-off.)

I do have a Dropbox account and have used that to transfer files to colleagues. I started with the free account but quickly exceeded my minimum storage space, so I upgraded to a paid account with much larger file space.  I have also used We Transfer many times with great success. https://wetransfer.com/ This is a free service for files up to 2GB. Just enter the email address of the person you wish to send the file to, upload your file, add a message to the recipient, and click Transfer. The recipient will receive an email with a link to download the file. Easy Peasy...

I believe you can also create your own link and send it in a personal email, or copy it to a forum post, if you wish to do it that way.

• Thanks 1

I have a factory Parts Manual purchased on eBay long ago plus several other manuals.  This repair manual seems slightly more appropo for the

P15 than the red, white and grey one (although I have never sat down and compared the content).  Any of these books are helpful.  

DSC02109.jpg

DSC02105.jpg

I found some rear motor mounts I have had for a while.....you can make a small indent in the rubber with a thumbnail......seem maybe not as rock hard as some others described.

Am not sure where I got them now.  I see some numbers molded into the top of the mounts....don't know what they represent.

DSC02106.jpg

Added Information:

I found a box in which I received a pair of motor mounts back in Sept of 2014 from "Jackson's Oldtime Parts--- Engine, Suspension and Brake Parts for older cars" located in Duluth, Minn  Phone (218) 624-5791 and spoke with a man named Rod Who I'm guessing is an owner.   He said the part number I gave him from his invoice of 5 years ago indicated upper mounts.  Where I got my lower mounts and front mount, I don't recall.  Based on comments about hardness of mounts available today, I pressed my thumbnail against the upper mount and it would make a small indention.   Apparently Jackson's still has some P15 mounts, but I have no idea how many.  They do not put out a catalog nor have an internet store.  I asked Rod if he knew where these motor mounts are made nowadays and he mentioned some seem to be made in India and Turkey.  Apparently he buys such things thru the Anchor Company.  Rod is not familiar, he said, with the P15-D24 Forum.  So, there is a chance the mounts he has might be a little softer material than some others....but no guarantee.  He will have to tell you what his price is for those items.  I appreciate him taking some time to talk about the mounts.

Edited by BobT-47P15

• 2 years later...

Did a bit of research into my 46-54 Mopar master parts catalog

Front mount, called an engine front support insulator in the parts book, is the same from 37-54 for Dodge and Plymouth 6's.  Part number 1405372.  It is in the engine section of the book.

For the Rear Engine Support Insulators, there is a difference in years.  The lowers, 46-54 for most Dodge and all Plymouth, the part number is 1312511.  It looks like a washer with rubber on one side.  There is a tech bulletin,, page 12 on this I will load to the site.  Listed as 1 per car, lower left only.  I can find nothing for the lower right. 

The Upper for Plymouth, 39-54, is part number 1404336.  Which is 2 13/16" in diameter.  For Dodge 6's, 41-52, 3 1/4" in diameter, part number is 866050.

MoparMall seems to have the correct thin lower, but it's in a multi-year kit (39-54) that also includes lowers not needed if you have the thin rubber/metal washer on the lower left only.  If you have the thin rubber/metal washer setup I think I would go with a metal washer and add a rubber one to it, as in make your own.

• Like 1