13th ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ, Clements , Ca

48Dodger

Well I tried to celebrate! Just NOT the same!!!! (And the mask kept getting in way.....)

Edited by Brent B3B
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Brent, I could see the need for the mask if the truck was churning out pollutants.  And I ought to report you to the authorities for energy wasting....you would do well to put a spit in front of that heater and at least grill up a tree rat (squirrel) or other timely recovered road kills....and get away from that bread.  

• Haha 1

I've never made it out there.  Thought I could join in via virtual so I pulled the beast out into the sunlight today, placed the box on the frame and snapped a couple pics.  haven't had a chance to get it back in the garage since FEF showed up but I've been busy.  Number 8 since he left is getting fairly close to being finished and since it's my own, I'm not on a time schedule.  It's literally been a ground up build.

100_4358.JPG

100_4350.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only two words for not being in Clements today.....well, maybe more!

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grrrrrrrr !!!  Stay safe y’all!

0C3A1173-A448-47B0-99A3-3CF137C5B912.jpeg

Edited by Bluzhog53
Yep
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

Fifty bought some parts from me a few years ago.....so there's already some West Coast influence there! Lol.....

You guys put it together and I'll make it out there!

48D

it seems like all the parts I’ve gotten from this forum have come from out west or the mid-west.  Definitely western influence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks to all who wanted to be here......we'll figure it out next year.

....................."The 2020 Best of Show" goes to ......EVERYONE!!! 

See you all next year! 48Dodger

50382.jpeg

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Though I have never made it to the BBQ, I have long wanted to come, since I am only a few hours away.

So for the truck lovers in angst today, some old shots from my gallery.

cab1.jpg.3233b70b655831a253499e314f4fe938.jpg

SSPX0096.jpg.7fe6365515f82ae6792a7d0d7d24da03.jpg

santos.jpg.a0e69acf729ff468845f0a4ed5a03b97.jpg

These old trucks are all sitting up on Pacheco Pass road, but you can't buy them. It's an outdoor museum of old farm and road machines.

• Like 1

We’ll, I’m a day late to the BBQ, but here’s my contribution.

I showed up at the ranch in Clements this morning, but the gate was locked and everyone had already left, ?

Just finished bush-hogging and thought I’d share my lunch with you fellers, since I had to share with our barn cat, Berlioz anyhow.

-roland

957972DE-B6A3-4CFF-9EFB-0D19EF0FD185.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

that cat  would be guest at my next luncheon as pate'     one day I will share my pate' story here....funny how people react to things.....

I have heard that the population of domestic cats is on the decline in some areas because of predators ...

355477151_rollonfloorlaughing.gif.8f1b8267cafc41125c0b8b2d2ae48c08.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, minicooper said:

I showed up at the ranch in Clements this morning, but the gate was locked and everyone had already left, ?

Oh man Rolland!  So sorry you made the trip to Clements for nothing... I thought everyone knew

5DCECFE2-F607-473B-BD84-8D5CDE96A6B9.jpeg.bf66999e67d62b55432e560cc9efa946.jpeg

?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Young Ed said:

So will next year be #13 again or #14???

Hmmmm...good question....ever seen a 13th floor elevator?

Maybe we should stay away from that number and use it as just a memory...what say you Tim. Got a year to ponder that one!

5 hours ago, Young Ed said:

So will next year be #13 again or #14???

#14.......if y'all look at the picture I took with the truck....the best of show trophy for 2020 is on the front bumper.....2021 will be #14.

48D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, minicooper said:

I showed up at the ranch in Clements this morning, but the gate was locked and everyone had already left, 

-roland

I'm so sorry Roland.....I was busy working on fences and didn't even bother to open the gates! I was convinced that no one would brave the weather. I'll make it up to you next year my friend.

48D

10 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

Oh man Rolland!  So sorry you made the trip to Clements for nothing... I thought everyone knew

5DCECFE2-F607-473B-BD84-8D5CDE96A6B9.jpeg.bf66999e67d62b55432e560cc9efa946.jpeg

?

I want one!!!!

48D