13th ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ, Clements , Ca

48Dodger

They are trying to start up "Elderly Only" shopping hours....now that's something I like and will use although I'm still like a tough buck 35 year old.?

• Like 1

Well......I imagine y'all knew this post was coming.

The 13th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ has been downsized.......to dang near nothing.

It will be attended by no more than a few that will toast our friends who couldn't, wouldn't or shouldn't be at the show.

Its just one of the things that might be debated way past my attention span.....I will lift a drink to all those who wish they could be here.

I will be available for conversation and discussion by any who need an ear or whatever. There isn't going to be a reschedule or post dated show.

Lucky 13teen will be remembered for what it is.....a strange and unfortunate occurrence.

As many of you know, I work in the medical field as well as the cattle fields......I've been experiencing the pandemic first hand.

Its work, and it will /needs to be done. I'll do my part. I'll miss seeing those of you I see once a year, and hope we make up for it in 2021!

Tim aka 48Dodger

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I appreciate the effort that ya put into making this gathering happen every year...as many baseball fans say, maybe next year...we can celebrate remotely, I suppose...maybe even ship ya salsa and a roll of TP to put on the shelf for awhile ?

• Like 1

well that blows!!! OK "corolla" virus, now it's personal!!! :mad:

I too am turning that day into "work on my truck day" as a protest!!!

this is NOT over "CV"!!!!

• Like 3

Octogenarians are highly susceptible to the virus, thus they may be unknown carriers even to themselves. So why shop with such?  I’m not satisfied that one place is safer than another so we will live semi solitaire,  careful and cautious.  I lived through the polio years so in that sense been there, done that. A cousin, close friend, my wife had polio so it did touch me. 

• Like 1

Rather be with with some old wandering FOSSELS  than the young dumb mothers with four young sick  kids around me....spreading the CV....

Saw that yesterday.

The old if sick and have the CV are not probably going to be shopping unless for a coffin?

• Like 4

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 9:57 AM, Dodgeb4ya said:

Here in the Seattle area everything is dead....

Schools closed ...restaurants..no big public gatherings allowed here...toilet factory's closed...Purell well we know about that too....

Strangest thing is our freeways ....no more rush hour at all.

Rob,  with the streets empty, you should drive "Big Red" down to the Space needle for a photo moment :D

(come on doooooo it, do it, do it)

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

The old if sick and have the CV are not probably going to be shopping unless for a coffin?

That made me laugh! Dark humour at its best!

I'm a very healthy 71 but I guess I do fall into the most susceptible category. I am going to be cautious but not hibernate in fear. My father was a Londoner born and bred and was a medical student throughout the Blitz. He survived 8 months of almost continual nighttime bombing while nearly 40,000 fellow Londoners were killed. He always said life is a risk for even the most cautious. I think if you follow the advice given, put up with the inconveniences involved, and have a positive outlook, the vast majority of people will survive the coronavirus epidemic.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

The 13th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ has been downsized.......to dang near nothing.

It will be attended by no more than a few that will toast our friends who couldn't, wouldn't or shouldn't be at the show.

Its just one of the things that might be debated way past my attention span.....I will lift a drink to all those who wish they could be here.

I will be available for conversation and discussion by any who need an ear or whatever. There isn't going to be a reschedule or post dated show.

Lucky 13teen will be remembered for what it is.....a strange and unfortunate occurrence.

As many of you know, I work in the medical field as well as the cattle fields......I've been experiencing the pandemic first hand.

Its work, and it will /needs to be done. I'll do my part. I'll miss seeing those of you I see once a year, and hope we make up for it in 2021!

Tim aka 48Dodger

Hate to say it Tim but probably the right call right now. I know our group and we are already planning a double big, make up bash for next year! Hell, this gives me at least another year to bring something that frikin runs!!!! This truly sucks!!

On that note, you also need to keep safe dude...you’re on the front lines of this crap and dang it....WE NEED A PLACE TO PARK NEXT YEAR!! Cuz we’re a comin!!!! #Screw you CoVID-19!!!...and Toyota still sucks!!!

Edited by Bluzhog53
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

...snip....

Tim aka 48Dodger

So where / how exactly am I supposed to get my grass mowing fix for this year then? ? ? ? ? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

Rob,  with the streets empty, you should drive "Big Red" down to the Space needle for a photo moment :D

(come on doooooo it, do it, do it)

Brent...The Governor has told us old old timers over 60 to stay home...

He's giving those who don't take this CV  a big lecture on the news every night.

52 dead here in Washington State...I'm 8 miles from the epicenter?

I must obey him and stay at home which I am doing. No Space Needle photo shoot.☹

So instead for Big Red  after many years I am installing shocks front and rear.

I have never been able to locate a 4 tonner with shocks/brackets....it was an option on all the big trucks...a rare one at that.

I am going by two pictures in DT service bulletins. Front lowers and rear uppers all done.

Currently spending my time fabbing and welding up front upper brackets as OE..

BR will ride smooth as driving over Charmin TP!

And Tim..sorry about the BBQ..a huge loss for all.

Real bummer for everyone.

20200304_181637_compress51_compress22.jpg

20200305_153133_compress90_compress72.jpg

20200307_163752_compress13_compress96.jpg

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Brent...The Governor has told us old old timers over 60 to stay home...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Tim..sorry about the BBQ..a huge loss for all.

Real bummer for everyone.

More like keeping it "Real Timers"......lol.

Thanks for the kind words Rob.....a bummer for a lot of us I think....I still plan on "handing" out a few trophies.

It only seems the right thing to do.

48D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John-T-53 said:

So where / how exactly am I supposed to get my grass mowing fix for this year then? ? ? ? ? 

I don't think he'd stop you from going out and mowing!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hope ya didn’t have dash plaques done yet for the lucky 13 BBQ Tim!  I know I bought the big ol brisket already...but it will freeze! ??Too bad we can’t have a “virtual bbq”...lol...wouldn’t be or taste the same. Grrr

• Haha 1

Like all, will certainly miss the BBQ. So on that day will drive my suburban into the foothills, put lunch on the manifold, a cold beer, a chair and meditate. Others might do similar, then start an April 3 pictorial thread of where we were on April 2/3. 

1792FC60-FD9B-4B0A-86E4-1B69D9FD9F30.jpeg

Edited by pflaming
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pflaming said:

Like all, will certainly miss the BBQ. So on that day will drive my suburban into the foothills, put lunch on the manifold, a cold beer, a chair and meditate. Others might do similar, then start an April 3 pictorial thread of where we were on April 2/3. 

1792FC60-FD9B-4B0A-86E4-1B69D9FD9F30.jpeg

On 3/16/2020 at 5:01 PM, ggdad1951 said:

pretty much official I will not be attending, MN is shutting down for 3 weeks tomorrow at 5PM.   I will be there in spirit my friend!   Those that can attend, enjoy!

....snip....

I was prepared for the gopher crowd again this year too....

IMG_0765.jpeg.71619e58ee3477f7157b8571a3fbcea8.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I had planned on doing a shake-down run in old Betsy before driving to the BBQ. Decided to do it anyways. Drove up to Half Moon Bay.

112 miles round trip. Drove great. No problems. Should be ready for 2021 ??

IMG_20200321_141359_copy_3024x2268.jpg

IMG_20200321_141437_copy_2268x3024.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2