13th ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ, Clements , Ca

48Dodger

well, the Frozen Four has announced no fans in attendance for the games, so I won't be heading to Detroit after the Q....now I at a MINIMUM, have to change my flight home....if things aren't on a total lockdown.

More people die every day in Chicago with  some of the stiffest gun laws in the country.  Maybe they should have considered to lock down that city years ago.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

The seasonal flu bug has a higher death rate than COVID-19 has. Would you cancel your travel in fear of getting the flu? Unless you are over 70, or have a compromised immune system, or respiratory issues, you aren't in any real danger.

well tell that to the markets, NCAA, NBA, potentially MLB, concerts, etc.    Heck, I fully expect to be told to work from home for 2-3 weeks soon.  This is getting a bit out of hand, I'll leave my personal feelings as to why off the forum.  I know this is going to tank the economy for at least a year or two.

• Sad 1

oh no, the Corolla virus has infected the BBQ thread!! better wear a mask Paul! :ph34r:

ok, no more responses  from me for 14days :D

• Haha 1

Here in the Seattle area everything is dead....

Schools closed ...restaurants..no big public gatherings allowed here...toilet factory's closed...Purell well we know about that too....

Strangest thing is our freeways ....no more rush hour at all.

Down town streets....no crowds anymore.

We are the US epicentre of this mess.

I stay home and work cleaning winters up.

Not traveling anywhere for the time being...SeaTac airport is almost a ghost town.

Now the layoffs loom☹

Now back to regular programming folks!

How'd we get to the Corolla virus?

I thought it was the "Toyopet Coronavirus"...??

1280px-1957_Toyopet_Corona_ST10_rear.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don't recall this massive of a shutdown and hysteria in 2009 when the swine flu broke out....and killed 12,000 people in the US. WTF.

I don't mind the light traffic, though. The freeways around here have been empty all week!

• Thanks 1

I remember 1976 as the first swine flu scare.....Tim Conway and Carol Burnett skit comes to mind Tim with that pig nose as he morphed.....even so...the population was less tuned in to the internet some 11 years ago...grandma and grandpa are often wide open on social media today.....things seem to always sway toward the majority...

“ oh no, the Corolla virus has infected the BBQ thread!! better wear a mask Paul! :ph34r:“!

CV doesn’t frighten me, but “hoof and mouth disease” always a concern at the BBQ. 

• Haha 3

saw an info-graphic  yesterday....media coverage of this DWARFS ALL other coverage of ALL other health issues COMBINED: 5:1 over the TOTAL modern history of media.

I haven't cancelled my tickets YET, hoping things settle down in the next few weeks.  I just have to cancel of change tickets a few days prior.  Knowing Delta, I'll be screwed no matter what, so I'll wait.

The instructions to help slow COVID-19 say no more than 250 people in a gathering up to the end of March.

First.           The gathering is in April.

Second.      I don't think we've ever reached 250 attendees.

Third.          its an outside event that allows for more than the maximum distance from anyone if you choose.  

Fourth.       The majority of individuals at this event are friends and respect the situation.

As of this posting, the gig is still on.

Fifth.            Rain is predicted on the day of the show............frick.

sigh.....it may change soon, fingers crossed.

Tim aka 48D            

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 48Dodger said:

The instructions to help slow COVID-19 say no more than 250 people in a gathering up to the end of March.

First.           The gathering is in April.

Second.      I don't think we've ever reached 250 attendees.

Third.          its an outside event that allows for more than the maximum distance from anyone if you choose.  

Fourth.       The majority of individuals at this event are friends and respect the situation.

As of this posting, the gig is still on.

Fifth.            Rain is predicted on the day of the show............frick.

sigh.....it may change soon, fingers crossed.

Tim aka 48D            

I'm ready Big T!

IMG_20200315_155855_copy_2268x3024.jpg

Edited by tom'sB2B
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Tim has room for "Social Distancing" for about 50,000 on his property, something about 5,000 acres? If I remember correctly, nothing but a few cows,squirrels, hawks, falcons at times.  ? ? ?

DJ

pretty much official I will not be attending, MN is shutting down for 3 weeks tomorrow at 5PM.   I will be there in spirit my friend!   Those that can attend, enjoy!

Today the wife almost got into fights at the grocery store because people are shoving and pushing for the last of whatever, Cummins has told us to work from home till April 6th (for now).  Luckily we have TP!  

I'll try to play on TODD while you all are enjoying the hospitality in CA.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

pretty much official I will not be attending, MN is shutting down for 3 weeks tomorrow at 5PM.   I will be there in spirit my friend!   Those that can attend, enjoy!

Today the wife almost got into fights at the grocery store because people are shoving and pushing for the last of whatever, Cummins has told us to work from home till April 6th (for now).  Luckily we have TP!  

I'll try to play on TODD while you all are enjoying the hospitality in CA.

that SUCKS!

I suggest you get on the plane before tomorrows 5pm deadline and work from Tim's home :D

Edited by Brent B3B

1 minute ago, Brent B3B said:

that SUCKS!

I suggest you get on the plane before tomorrows 5pm deadline and work from Tim's home :D

I'd love to!  I don't think Linda would appreciate.

Chaos is ensuing here in the bay, a "shelter in place order" just dropped today for my county. Fuggem, I'm going to work tomorrow. I'm not participating in the "rules for radicals" manufactured crisis.

Who of y'all can I call to bail me out?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just checkin in here too...they are putting our county on shelter in place here too. Kids school closed for month. Cant even visit 89 yr old mom in Bay Area!! Commy bastards! Never did like Toyota’s!!!!

Edited by Bluzhog53
  • Haha 2