13th ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ, Clements , Ca

48Dodger

On 1/22/2020 at 10:17 PM, 48Dodger said:

Store the beast at my place John....I'll bring it down to you after words and hang out at your new digs for the weekend.

48D

On 1/23/2020 at 8:38 AM, Brent B3B said:

better yet, store it at my place John.... Julie wants her truck back and I was just getting the hang of your 5th gear :D

22 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

I got a heated shed!  Close to family for ya!  And PREMIUM beer!

I need my truck to help move! Thanks tho...come down anyway!

Looking at the calendar at the end of March, moving and the BBQ might have some overlap....this is gonna get tricky.

Its getting here Fast! Rolling up like a freight train!! Knocking down the door like a wrecking ball!!!

Get your RIG READY! Dust off the trailer, get your plans rolling! We have a BBQ to throw!!!!

My plans?   

1. Flyer by this weekend

2. short bed mounted (replacing the high side)

3 . working on the yard

4.  working on the yard

5.  ....AND working on the yard.

Its a free show driven by donations of labor and love of friends......don't bring your money, bring food and old truck parts and ...well ok, money does kinda help. lol

Its all put back into the next show, or rims for my racecar, which ever comes first. Watch for more updates and instructions on how to help. Mostly encouragement is what I need most.

The BBQ ain't for the glamour, it's for friends to get together, laugh and share our rides!

Tim aka 48Dodger   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

position at work is secure!  Looks like you get to put up with me again this year.

LOL, define "secure" 

started the flatbed last weekend..... was hoping to bring "Buck" this time but, that probably won't happen.

so funny, when I bought "Buck" I told Julie, " I want to get him running and drive him off the trailer and leave it at Tim's......" (and we laughed and laughed :))

Edited by Brent B3B
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brent B3B said:

LOL, define "secure"

I am so glad I am not smart enough to be an engineer.....

started the flatbed last weekend..... was hoping to bring "Buck" this time but, that probably won't happen.

so funny, when I bought "Buck" I told Julie, " I want to get him running and drive him off the trailer and leave it at Tim's......" (and we laughed and laughed :))

True, there is ZERO "security" in the job markets now a days.  But for now at least I should be good for 6 months.  Time enough to put some "Oh FORD" money in the bank.

Bring Buck...he needs his bottle cap balancing!

• Haha 1

More work this weekend on the digs.

Might even fire up the B1BQ this weekend...lol.

Looking forward to seeing everyone....

ITS ONLY 2 MONTHS AWAY!!!!!! ROCK AND ROLL BUILDERS!!!! THE ROAD IS A WAITING AND THE DAY ONLY SO LONG!!!!

BRING THAT FLATTIE L6 TO LIFE AND RIDE BROTHERS!!!

DSC_0042 low.jpg

Oh look......Brent DOES have a friend!! :lol:

48D

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

More work this weekend on the digs.

Might even fire up the B1BQ this weekend...lol.

Looking forward to seeing everyone....

ITS ONLY 2 MONTHS AWAY!!!!!! ROCK AND ROLL BUILDERS!!!! THE ROAD IS A WAITING AND DAY ONLY SO LONG!!!!

BRING THAT FLATTIE L6 TO LIFE AND RIDE BROTHERS!!!

DSC_0042 low.jpg

Oh look......Brent DOES have a friend!! :lol:

48D

I think he bribed him....

• Haha 1

44 days and counting. At 8:30 a.m. the GREAT PARADE of Mopars begins. I love to sit and watch them drive in. Classic Trucks Editor should be there.

p.s. I’m going to bring a bunch of small parts for donation swap.  Will donate all proceeds to the BBQ fund. Price voluntary and anonymous.  No tax receipts, sorry Brent! 

Edited by pflaming
  • Haha 1

Hey Paul,

Thanks for that.  My coupla buds down here and I have been festering for a little road trip.  This gig really fits the bill if my guys calendars are open.  If we make it, you can plan on them contributing some Bluegrass entertainment.  I'll keep in touch re that. 

I replied, come and bring the music. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its 24 days away.......24 DAYS AWAY......24 DAYS AWAY....24DAYSAWAY!!!!!!

I've been cleaning and mowing and mowing and cleaning....can't wait to see y'all.

I have no idea how the posts on Facebook will affect the turn out, but it seems like I've gotten

a larger response to the flyer than years past. I'm also the Club Secretary for The Franklin Syndicate... so a few of those guys will

be there as well (if they can find the place...lol).

I'm expecting us to just miss the rain again this year, looks to be wet 3 or 4 days before the show....but just the one day.

TUNE IT UP!!!! TUNE IT UP NOW!!! :D

48D

• Like 1

Yeah, those guys left Detroit in 2008 for the first Tailgate BBQ ......they should finally be here in 2023 for the 16th BBQ!!!  :D

48D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

will see if they cancel our flights or not by then....

plan "B", call in sick a few days and drive? perhaps tow FEFF out?

just saying, seems like a couple of your western states brothers drove to MN last year... :D