Too hot to

pflaming

106 here again today. I have been hitting it hard the last couple days.

Trying to get ready for some paint, got some primer on yesterday. Then took the hour drive at 4:00 pm to tractor supply to pick up some more sand.

I plan to have the old gas tank and fuel line out today,  Pull the splash pans from the frame & paint. Minimal sand blasting of the frame.

Pretty ambitious day planned for myself.

So far, I pulled the generator out and sitting at the bench in front of the fan, sucking down water, typing on the computer while staring at the genny, waiting for paint to appear  :D

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2019 at 9:13 PM, pflaming said:

Consecutive triple temperature days greatly impede shop work, so early next morning, say 2:00 a.m. I’m going to work in my shop. The required tasks are not noisy so should work ok. Anyone else work in those early morning hours?  

Old retired guy like you should wait for kooler weather.

At your age and stage of life is there some urgency....lol

(Fargo, an octogenarian is not old, he has just lived 80 + years.  What changes are the times one is alert and the length of such. It’s a new normal, not easily explained to younger folk. As a result, the exact time of day or night loses importance because the only difference is light and with decreased eyesight, that too is relative. 

So you younguns work hard, and sleep hard while us octies section and space out the two.  

• Like 1

I had to revise my work/rest cycle as I got older. Me at 15-40 years 2 hours work 10 minute break. 41 to 55 years 1 hour and a 10 minute break. Over 55, 20 minutes of work equals a 1 hour break. Heat slows me a little, humidity slows me a little both slow me a lot, and in Florida, God it is miserable in the summer.

Joe Lee

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pflaming said:

(Fargo, an octogenarian is not old, he has just lived 80 + years.  What changes are the times one is alert and the length of such. It’s a new normal, not easily explained to younger folk. As a result, the exact time of day or night loses importance because the only difference is light and with decreased eyesight, that too is relative. 

So you younguns work hard, and sleep hard while us octies section and space out the two.  

Why are you yelling?

Im younger but near 60 so not a spring chicken but in good physical shape.

At your age nothing is that urgent and important as it once seemed to be. Im getting into that category too.

Over 80 each day is a gift and if you like workin up a sweat thats okay, as a lot of folks your age took the dirt nap years ago.

We all cant be Gene Winfields

Bibles and P15-D24........ I don't think so.