Rear Window Gasket Suggestions

51_Meadowbrook

My ‘51 Meadowbrook has a leaking rear window. When it’s raining I watch the water come down the window and then in the bottom rubber between the glass and rubber. It is causing problems with the cardboard, or whatever it’s made of, lid and the rear seat. I have checked Steele Rubber and they don’t make one. I have tried Andy Bernbaum in person and he told me that their gasket would work but it doesn’t. The rubber has a slot for the window glass, a slot on the other side for the pinch weld, and a slot for the stainless trim. The one that I was told would work has one slot for the window glass and a smooth side. Any suggestions?

Try -oldmoparts.com.

catalog says yes but do they have the correct one??

One phone call will tell.

DJ

That’s the website to Andy Bernbaum. They are about an hour from me and I went there and saw him and he gave me the gasket that I described. He said that was all they had and it was a universal gasket. So I bought it and brought it home to find that it doesn’t work. 

• Sad 1