Broken Speedometer Remedy

Oldguy48

Here’s my solution for the broken speedometer in my P15.  It’s a piece of 1/8” Plexiglas that I can slip into place when I need it, and remove in a few seconds when I don’t, without damaging the dashboard.  I’ll use my cell phone as my speedometer/GPS, attached with a bit of velcro.  The “Throttle” knob is non-functional, and just a knob/short stem that serves as an anchor point for the Plexiglas.

P1000341.JPG

P1000340.JPG

P1000342.JPG

• Like 2

Interesting solution but why not either fix or replace the original speedometer? You can find used ones on ebay and the occasional new one. Easy to adjust the mileage to what the car has. I have done it with my '48 Dodge D25.

7 minutes ago, Oldguy48 said:

Actually I have a spare speedometer.  But with a bad back and cataracts, I'm hesitant to tackle removing/replacing the old one.?

Sorry for my flippant reply...From another "Oldguy", nice to see you make use of our present day technology to solve your problem.☺️

• Like 1