fuel pump/vacuum pump?

Dbolter

Howdy Y'all, I am working on a '38 chrysler 230 flat six I believe and just installed a vacuum wiper motor {that I think is early 40's mopar}

I just installed the fuel/vacuum pump that came with the car and the "vacuum" side is putting out positive pressure.

so my question is will that work with my vacuum wiper motor? There are other ports that I failed to bench test before I installed,  are those also positive pressure or vacuum? It is pumping OUT about 3 PSI at idle.... Any Old Timer Advice much appreciated....   ~dIMG_9060.jpg.320adaa3e86aed39e9148ebc6711395d.jpg

*Also my wiper motor has two ports labels "L" and R" and one is plugged shut....   I tested the wiper motor off the vacuum of another car and it worked great.......

any idea why there is two ports?/?  Thx ~d

IMG_8999.jpg

17 hours ago, Dbolter said:

Howdy Y'all, I am working on a '38 chrysler 230 flat six I believe and just installed a vacuum wiper motor {that I think is early 40's mopar}

I just installed the fuel/vacuum pump that came with the car and the "vacuum" side is putting out positive pressure.

so my question is will that work with my vacuum wiper motor? There are other ports that I failed to bench test before I installed,  are those also positive pressure or vacuum? It is pumping OUT about 3 PSI at idle.... Any Old Timer Advice much appreciated....   ~dIMG_9060.jpg.320adaa3e86aed39e9148ebc6711395d.jpg

The pump shown should have two ports on the lower portion . one port lets air in (the intake) in the other lets air out (the exhaust)  as the pump air is moved in and out.

The other port should provide a vacuum that is hooked via hose to the wiper motor if pump is in working condition. It seems that the port were you are getting pressure is on exhaust port were when plugged will show some pressure (normally left open in use) and the intake port should show 15-16 HG vacuum.

On the two ports label L&R I cannot say- made to fit different cars- the ports are just interconnected?

DJ