Check this thing out

So I’m always looking around craigslist, ebay, etc. Look what popped up in Connecticut on FB marketplace! It’s a custom ‘54. I can’t decide if I love it or hate it. There are some neat custom touches and super clean details but the chevy motor is a dealbreaker for me. I also don’t know why they deleted the butterfly hood but it doesn’t look like it’s on there straight. 

I feel like I would trash it at a car show and be amazed if I saw it in the wild and want to talk to the owner (builder?)

In any case it’s something! 

I also met a dude this weekend (hi Bill) who also has a ‘54. His is clean and original except he also put in a chevy. Yuck. But I get it- he wanted to drive anywhere and tow his airstream trailer and he knows bowtie power. It’s a really cool rig. I showed him the forum- hopefully he’ll join up. Don’t be too hard on him for the wrong motor ?

BA3AC059-B41E-49D3-8827-6D71C42D8071.jpeg

• Like 1

I can love to hate it with no problem...way way over done....that grille is awful.....if it had been recessed a bit at each frown bar...maybe the depth would change the overall look....I just can't wait till I see a YUGO with a 49 Plymouth bumper.....please don't get my post wrong, the truck is very complete, lots of added details with workmanship....just not my style of vehicle...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

If over the top is what they were going for then I'd say they hit it. If trying to appeal to the masses i'd say they missed it by miles.

Not my style but I can appreciate their effort.

• Like 1

The grill looks ok but those fake spot lights and portholes on the fender aren't for me. I also don't get the diamond rear window.... was this thing built in the 70s during the van craze?

• Like 1

Like I said if I saw it at a car show I’d trash it but if I met the owner there’s a good chance their enthusiasm would be infectious. I don’t see a lot of dodge trucks around (plenty of ‘rams’) not even 80s fleetsides so when I see even a little red or a warlock I get excited. 

This truck is a little mind blowing- mostly that it’s for sale. I’m guessing it will be for sale for a looong time but you never know. 

I would offer hundreds of dollars to own it ? 

Edited by Radarsonwheels
  • Like 1

The grille looks like 47 Oldsmobile. They were used in a lot of customs years ago. Don’t see them anymore because the 47’s are gone.

I can appreciate the talent and work that went into it but I don't care for it at all. It's looks like someone just decided to do a bunch of random mods without even thinking if they fit the truck . PS , I think that rear window looks hideous on it  ?. Just not my cup of tea, coffee .... etc .

John

Edited by John Rogers
  • Like 1

I keep seeing other B&C series for sale with bowtie motors- I don’t get it- why install a motor that ruins the resale?! 

Is a 5.9 that much harder to find or more expensive?

This is still the most festooned with bad ideas I’ve seen in terms of resale value- I think its target audience already spent their money on a harley covered in spikes and knives with angry skull paint. 

...but like I said it does look like somebody was sure having fun!

45 minutes ago, Radarsonwheels said:

I keep seeing other B&C series for sale with bowtie motors- I don’t get it- why install a motor that ruins the resale?! 

Is a 5.9 that much harder to find or more expensive?

This is still the most festooned with bad ideas I’ve seen in terms of resale value- I think its target audience already spent their money on a harley covered in spikes and knives with angry skull paint. 

...but like I said it does look like somebody was sure having fun!

I'd like to know when it was built. It would make a lot of sense if it was built about 40 years ago

Edited by Young Ed
  • Like 1