48-49 P15 chrome match

First P15

Got a quick question for the guys who been at this way longer than me. 

I have a chance to buy a box of chrome trim supposed to be a complete set NOS for a 49 Plymouth coupe. I’m restoring a 48 coupe. Will any of the chrome trim pieces fit on my 48 super deluxe coupe??

Thanks

If it is for an early 49, basically a carry over P15 design yes, if it is from a late series 49 no. They were a new and different car body and frme  Because of tooling problems for the new model, Chrysler kept the former p15 model in production through early March of 49and sold them as 49,s.

• Thanks 1

As mentioned early 49 are the same as a 48 . Other than that two completely  different body style..A picture of the side trim you should be able to tell if it fits your 48.

Edited by bobd1976
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, joecoozie said:

What trim pieces do you need?

I’ve got an assortment of trim pieces but some have minor damage, some major. Haven’t matched everything up yet since I’ve been working on brakes and cleaning/repairing interior. Should have that part finished in a couple weeks. 

8B3D1E43-BDFC-4CA6-905A-095CB11EA5DF.png

10 hours ago, joecoozie said:

What trim pieces do you need?

You are perilously close violating the ban on trading parts on the open forum. Remember, any such activity needs to be done through the classified ads section or via PM.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, TodFitch said:

You are perilously close violating the ban on trading parts on the open forum. Remember, any such activity needs to be done through the classified ads section or via PM.

I didn’t ask for anything and he wasn’t offering anything..... for all I know he was going to offer a link to a source. I don’t know that either because I didn’t ask. What was the potential violation that occurred?