BandB Carter rebuild kit

woodrow

I have to rebuild one of my carbs as the acc pump is not creating vacuum causing absolutely pathetic throttle response and the carb is generally in need of an overhaul. Where is the best place in everyones experience to buy a quality kit? and when buying what material should i be looking for the acc pump to be made out of?

Daytona parts in Florida... was impressed with their parts, knowledge and service.

On the up return stroke a good accelerator piston pump does create a slight vacuum to refill the piston chamber through an inlet check ball.

2 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

On the up return stroke a good accelerator piston pump does create a slight vacuum to refill the piston chamber through an inlet check ball.

thanks for the back up. i knew it created a vacuum as the piston came up. the old decrepit leather is not allowing that vacuum to take place. 

1 hour ago, rallyace said:

Rebuilding them is simple. I got a kit from the Carburetor Doctor. Everything was there and then some. Beware, the two balls are NOT the same size. Be sure you get them in the correct location.

Bigger ball under the slotted brass screw plug... little ball in the pump plunger well.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, woodrow said:

it doesnt create a seal. the leather is 70 years old and not creating an effective seal.

I sit corrected.....I'm 70 and my seal is not as effective as when I was younger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1