Brake shoes for the rebuild

First P15

13 minutes ago, Sam Buchanan said:

My knowledge base is thin but the shoes, cylinders and springs I purchased from Bernbaum for the P15 looked fine and were delivered promptly.

new-brakes-L.jpg

Thanks Sam, I have ordered weather stripping from them and it came promptly and price was fair. Kanter has shoes for almost 20% less but have found way too many negative reviews. Think I’ll stick with Bernbaum 

By the way how are you getting pictures to upload?  Every time I try it says it’s limited to 3Mb. Only one picture. Maybe I’m doing something wrong 

If you are using a phone, view the pic on your phone. Then take a screen shot of your photo. (On iphone press center thumb bottom and power button simultaneously). It will produce a lower quality photo that is under 3mb. Be sure to upload this lower grade photo. 

That should do it. 

PS I am also a supporter of Andy Bernbaughm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, First P15 said:

By the way how are you getting pictures to upload?  Every time I try it says it’s limited to 3Mb. Only one picture. Maybe I’m doing something wrong 

I've uploaded several photos and hit the 3mb limit (is this total uploads or per image??) when trying to upload this photo. My work-around is to host the photo on the server of the provider that hosts my web pages and then embed a URL link in the email. If you don't have an ISP there are free photo web hosting services available. As Keith stated, it is important to set the resolution to 72ppi with the long dimension 800 ppi or so in order to limit the size of the upload. I use Photoshop but there is easier editing software, some of it freeware.

Edited by Sam Buchanan
  • Like 1

I ordered from bernbaum for my 37.  They sent the wrong shoes.  Bigger ones for a later model.  They sent me the proper ones eventually, but by then I’d already taken my shoes to be relined.  If relining is a viable option don’t shy away from it.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TodFitch said:

I've always just looked up the nearest "brake and friction" company in/near the city I lived in at the time and had my old shoes relined.

Normally I would do the same but I’m in rural Missouri 75 miles from St. Louis. Too far to chase qualified recliner, machine shop etc. Fortunately I’ve got some experience with wrenches and hammers, lol