P15 window rubber

Sam Buchanan

My '48 needs new rubber for the front vent wings and rear pop-out windows. I've seen reviews about the Steele mouldings that cause me to wonder if there are better options. Can anyone offer recent experiences/recommendations for Steele or other vendors?

20190320_135245-small.jpg.c3e00ea16602e2e55a0ef5ca3319ef98.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Steele is high but on the Plymouth, their vent rubber is good...cannot give them kudos for the Dodge however, they suck buckets.  I think I used Roberts rear quarter glass but mine was for a Bz Cp.....cannot vouch for the sedan but I would suspect as good.   Other companies is your call...I personally like Clester's product also and they are my ONLY choice for door and trunk seals...

I used 1/4 vent rubber from Bernbaums on my 41 Plymouth Coupe and found they fit perfectly, this was 10 yrs ago but I'd still go to Bernbaums over Steele for anything having been screwed by Steele who supplied the incorrect cowl vent rubber and wouldn't replace it.

Plymouthy, may I ask was your  experience with Andy B. in the past or or more recently with Chris the current owner of Bernbaums -AKA -oldmoparts.com.??

Just for clarification as I need to get a lot of rubber seals soon for my 50 Ply. 4 dr.

Thanks,

DJ

39 minutes ago, DJ194950 said:

Plymouthy, may I ask was your  experience with Andy B. in the past or or more recently with Chris the current owner of Bernbaums -AKA -oldmoparts.com.??

Just for clarification as I need to get a lot of rubber seals soon for my 50 Ply. 4 dr.

Thanks,

DJ

very recent and went into detail of the generic product most sell for the application in question, man assured me to no end that his product was design specific and was a true exact fit...I GOT GENERIC JUNK that in no way can you use....he could have cared less when I called back....I would applaud his business going tits up...I could let this slide had I not been specific on the part and him lying about his product.  I have to say that Steele did not lie, they did tell me point blank the part they carry for application was generic and not tested by their techs for exact fit as they had no 'buck' to test fit it on.  I normally never say anything about suppliers as we have so few here...but I detest lies even more.

ADDED NOTE....I will not say any more of this supplier but I will not endorse him in any manner....

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Plymouthy,

Thanks for your reply.

DJ

I bought a cowl vent gasket and windshield gasket from Steele.....not cheap.       I installed the cowl item.  Son in law replaced the windshield one for me.  

He ultimately needed a helper to get the new glasses in as he cracked the first two trying to do by himself.   Seems to fit ok once in place.  Got some nice

trunk rubber from someone but now have forgotten who.  We made our own door stripping.

DSC03181.jpg

DSC03191.jpg

100_5228.jpg

Trunk gasket.

• Thanks 1

Another rubber item that usually needs replacement is these hood bumpers.  I got mine from Dave Kruse....his are the correct

thickness.  He also makes gas tank grommets and some other good items.

100_2274.jpg

100_7771.jpg

Dave Kruse
8424 Avenida Leon
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Telephone: +1.909.239.7932 ask for Dave
email: krusn64@aol.com
Makes some small rubber parts for older Plymouths. He writes “We are looking for other samples of small rubber parts years 32-56 Plymouth, Dodge, Desoto and Chrysler to make replacement parts just like or as close to OEM parts.”
Edited by BobT-47P15