Back to the 50's 2019

God willing and weather permitting we are towing the B4D to the great state of MN for BTT50's in  a touch over three weeks. not because the truck is show worthy, but more to represent the "B series" and hang out with friends

anyone else going to the event?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Los_Control said:

you get that ol girl that far, may just as well haul her down to Texas, I would love to babysit her and less gas going home  ?

LOL, just thinking about visiting Texas has my skin drying out....

5 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

I’ll be there again this year. 

Right on! are you bringing your truck?

hopefully we can just hang out and not have to work on my truck again (better bring a hammer just in case) :D

14 hours ago, Young Ed said:

Ya I think I'll go this year....

whew, :) can't wait to check out the project truck.....

3 hours ago, Worden18 said:

I hope to go.  Not sure if I'll be able to make it.  ?

hope you can also.... look for me (i'll be the one in a "mother's cookie" coma :D

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

Right on! are you bringing your truck?

hopefully we can just hang out and not have to work on my truck again (better bring a hammer just in case) :D

Yes, the Ol' Dodge will be there. And I always have a small took kit under the seat, just in case. That's just the mechanic in me. Can't go anywhere without tools...

Where will you be staying?

• Like 1

Brent and his lovely have been invited to stay at our place.  He's bringing me parts from Tim...since he can't make it now  :(

3 hours ago, Young Ed said:

You guys coming in early enough for a thursday night BBQ?

I plan to get in Thursday early afternoon so I can get checked in for the event and at the hotel.

3 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

... He's bringing me parts from Tim...since he can't make it now  :(

Bummer...

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:24 AM, ggdad1951 said:

...snip....He's bringing me parts from Tim...since he can't make it now  :(

The grass must still be growing, which means endless mowing and no time for fun. We just had a couple weeks of unusually late storms out here.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:16 AM, Merle Coggins said:

Yes, the Ol' Dodge will be there. And I always have a small took kit under the seat, just in case. That's just the mechanic in me. Can't go anywhere without tools...

Where will you be staying?

that is Awesome! we reserved a motel at the BW in Blaine (back in January) but looks like we just may have upgraded the accommodations

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:22 AM, Young Ed said:

You guys coming in early enough for a thursday night BBQ?

after we hit "Mid west military" Thursday we're in.... let me know what we can bring........I'd offer to bring some PNW salmon for the BBQ but, I don't think it would make the 4day road trip :) 

hey, someone should wake Jeremiah up, see if he coming  

34 minutes ago, John-T-53 said:

The grass must still be growing, which means endless mowing and no time for fun. We just had a couple weeks of unusually late storms out here.

yeah but what's your excuse?? :)

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 3:01 PM, Brent B3B said:

hey, someone should wake Jeremiah up, see if he coming  

I dont get on here daily but, yes ill be there. I took wed-sun off because i figured there would be some kind of off hours festivities going on, maybe at marks house?

My truck wont be there but good news, the truck was dropped off at the shop and there is progress on the IFS. So with any luck one of these years i can bring it to YOU!

Edited by Ram Man 02
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 2:13 PM, Young Ed said:

Weather permitting I'll fire up the smoker and we can party here. 

The 15 day forecast (?) calls for thunder storms Thursday- Saturday so far......

if it kills the show, will the BBQ still go on? 

Merle, North or South Gate? I may need to find someone if FEF ditches us on the way in. LOL 

3 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

The 15 day forecast (?) calls for thunder storms Thursday- Saturday so far......

if it kills the show, will the BBQ still go on? 

Merle, North or South Gate? I may need to find someone if FEF ditches us on the way in. LOL 

We can certainly do something but I won't do the smoker all day if it's pouring rain

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike 1948 1Ton said:

I'll be there, I think its 18 years running for me and the '48!!!

Mike

wow 18 years!  do you have a favorite part of the weekend? I am looking forward to seeing your dually set up

too bad we can't follow each other in..... with three green trucks and two red, we could put Mark and Ed in-between and look like olive's and pimento's. LOL  

2 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

he parks in the crowded area...every year its a "find the mike challenge"

and most years I find his truck and not him. Same with Ed from the car side. Typically see his car by the grandstand.