Saw a great dodge in the wild tonite

My band is playing a show in Ardmore PA tonite at the Rusty Nail on haverford road. There’s a cool truck parked next door in front of a repair shop. I’m not sure when dodge actually started making 4wd power wagons but this thing is super clean. It looks like an older restoration- the wood bed is getting real rough- but no rust and good paint. 

Just thought I’d share- love seeing these out in the world vs hidden away or at a car show

D02641E8-172A-48FD-B535-5A0A86507AE7.jpeg

5850FB5E-0E46-40F7-9BED-7982380B1E22.jpeg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

Nice Power Wagon. Civilian Power Wagons began in ‘45, and that body style ran into the mid ‘50’s. MIlitary versions, VC’s and WC’s, started in ‘40 or ‘41. 

I think it went into the 60s with only minor changes. You can't go anywhere too fast with one but you can go just about anywhere

Flat fender PWs were in production for the United States until 1968.  Dodge continued production for export until the mid 70s.  

Very cool to see one.  Thanks for sharing. ?

The post-war Power Wagon was available up to 1978. The VC 1/2 ton military 4x4 was built in 1940, the WC 1/2 ton military 4x4 was built in 1941 up to about the middle to end of April 1942 at which time the WC 3/4 ton military 4x4 series were produced for the duration of the war.