Eneto-55

Is there supposed to be a cover over the dimmer (high-low beam) switch under the car?  I have nothing there covering the switch & the contacts, and will make something if there wasn't anything there originally, but just wondering if someone has a picture of what was supposed to be there.  Was it maybe a rubber boot?

Thanks for all of the replies.  I just thought of it when I was under the car a few days ago, that those connections are exposed a lot more than the area where the headlight cables pass into the headlight buckets, and yet there is apparently no boot or cover over the back of the switch (when installed).  Seems like mud & ice that could accumulate there would produce some strange results....

I'll post a picture once I decide how to protect the back of the switch.  Thanks again to all.

2 hours ago, Eneto-55 said:

Thanks for all of the replies.  I just thought of it when I was under the car a few days ago, that those connections are exposed a lot more than the area where the headlight cables pass into the headlight buckets, and yet there is apparently no boot or cover over the back of the switch (when installed).  Seems like mud & ice that could accumulate there would produce some strange results....

I'll post a picture once I decide how to protect the back of the switch.  Thanks again to all.

Nobody ever intended these cars to be on the road 70+ years after leaving the factory....supposed to be cast aside when those fancy modern '50 models hit the showrooms....  :)

Edited by Sam Buchanan