Drive Shaft

48 dodge man

I am new here and am just starting to restore my 1948 Dodge B-1-B with a 4 speed transmission on the floor. It belonged to my grandpa and has been parked since 1981. Anyway I have a guy working on the mechanical for me. He has got it running very nicely, but we need a drive shaft. The front yoke is a little sloppy on mine and I am not having any luck finding one locally. I found one that I thought was going to work, but it was smaller than mine and the holes did not match up on the front. I am wondering if there is a difference between a drive shaft on a pick up with a 3-speed transmission vs. a 4-speed transmission. The guy I got the other shaft from said it was from a 48. Is it possible to have 2 different sized shafts on a 1/2 ton 48 pickup? Any input on this would be helpful. Anyone out there with a solid usable drive shaft can also email me and maybe we can work something out. Please post your comments here or email me at phoudek@gra.midco.net

Thank you for your help.

• Like 1