Gas Gauge

TFC

Fooling around with the gas gauge this morning, trouble shooting this system.  There are few indication that the gauge mount is to be isolated from the ground of the vehicle(paper gasket and paper washers under mounting screws).  Any insight on this will be appreciated.

Thanks guys

Merle, Looking over the internal wiring of the gauge I can see that it actually requires grounding to make connection to end of one of the coils.  Keven, Yes I read 27 ohms between the posts , so that lines up.  What I'm not sure about now is which terminal is tied to the sender unit and which is tied to the power from the ignition switch. 

SW -  ties to ignition switch(power)?

GA - ties to sender unit?

Also wondering what the max/min resistance of the sender unit should be, mine is currently reading 93 ohm with maybe 4/5 gallons in the tank