My Plymouth is on the road again

Don Coatney

You still call it your Plymouth.  And for good reason.  Much of you is in it. 

I've had my DeSoto Suburban for about twenty years, but at shows where the PO (previous owner) is there, he shows "his" car to the meandering crowd.  No problem.   

Boy, I get the sentiment of calling your former car "your" car. I'm glad all my former cars are no longer in the area where I live. Even with the cars I now have, I tend to think of them as not being mine yet, and still being someone else's car, until I've had them a significant amount of time, and put "myself" into them, either with maintenance, or added features. It takes a few years to get the feeling of it/them, being "mine". ?

• 2 years later...

I still call it Don's car. lol I've done nothing but fix a few minor things and continue with much of the work that he already started. I was glad I was able to keep my promise to him and get the car on the road while he was still around to see it in person. I certainly miss the chats we had both before and after I picked up his ride. 

• Like 4