Bbdakota

The Windward 48 dodge survivor

I, too, am sorry to hear that you are selling your Dodge.  Enjoyed the posts on it, too.  I hope it turns out to be the right decision.

Thanks. I'm almost certain I'll have sellers remorse....... I'm not going to try to hard to sell it and it's not going to break my heart if it doesn't sell.

Well....you've got the '48 to the point now where you don't have to work on it all the time, it's ready to go for the occasional spur-of-the-moment drive while you finish up the '58. Might oughta take down that classified ad before somebody wants to look at it......you will need something to drive to the cruises while your bride is driving the '58........   :)

Edited by Sam Buchanan

3 hours ago, Sam Buchanan said:

Well....you've got the '48 to the point now where you don't have to work on it all the time, it's ready to go for the occasional spur-of-the-moment drive while you finish up the '58. Might oughta take down that classified ad before somebody wants to look at it......you will need something to drive to the cruises while your bride is driving the '58........   :)

That's true Sam. I've got the 48 as reliable as it's ever been while I've owned it. And I thought about how I'm going to miss taking it for a ride now and then..... and I will miss it! I'm thinking that will give me more motivation to finish the 58. As far as the wife goes, she's waiting for me to restore my 73 challenger (next in line after the 58). She's made that clear, that's the car she likes best. Maybe because it's panther pink. Either way, as long as the 48 hasn't sold, I'm going to enjoy it while I can. 

Took the car to meet the wife for supper after she got off work yesterday. Some guy pulls up while we are inside eating, walks around the car before coming in. Reminded me of a thought I had in the past about owning one of these old cars. If you don't like talking to people, you don't need to own an old car. Good thing is everyone who wants to talk to you about your car usually is very friendly. 

Some guy at cruisin the coast asked me if it had a hemi. I told him it was a flathead hemi. Of course, we were both joking around, I wasn't being a butt hole.

I looked at your classified ad and I think that's a great car for someone new who wants to get into old cars. A lot of good work has been done and the car is reliable and drivable as it sits. I hope to see a starry eyed younger person pick it up and keep the momentum going. These are so perfect for rookies, for many reasons. Easy to work on and great to learn about cars. In my opinion 4 doors are more fun for cruises with family and friends. Loads of smiles per mile and many memories can be made. I see no downside at your asking price. Good luck with the sale. Hate to see it leave you capable hands but...I get it. 

It was a beautiful day today and it has been a while since I started the 48. So long I'd about forgotten how much i like riding around in the old car. The wife and I decided to take it out for a walk. Got some breakfast then on to the grocery store. About every where we stopped or every light we stopped at we either got a thumbs up or comment. I wasn't ready to come home. Here it is warming up before we headed out.

20191124_074802-756x1008.jpg

As mentioned by a couple of people previously is there any way your son could get the car?...........its such a neat car and he seems to enjoy it immensely...........andyd

50 minutes ago, Andydodge said:

As mentioned by a couple of people previously is there any way your son could get the car?...........its such a neat car and he seems to enjoy it immensely...........andyd

He would actually love that but he's got a project i bought him and it's sitting with no progress being made. I'd still be maintaining this one if I went that direction and it would still be in my shop. But I'm not trying hard to sell it. It's not gonna break my heart if no one wants it. I really enjoyed the time in it today and I've got it to a point, I don't have to do much to it. It's very reliable now so it can sit in the shop until I'm ready to use it. I'll just keep enjoying it and focus my time on the 58. 

2 hours ago, Bbdakota said:

He would actually love that but he's got a project i bought him and it's sitting with no progress being made. I'd still be maintaining this one if I went that direction and it would still be in my shop. But I'm not trying hard to sell it. It's not gonna break my heart if no one wants it. I really enjoyed the time in it today and I've got it to a point, I don't have to do much to it. It's very reliable now so it can sit in the shop until I'm ready to use it. I'll just keep enjoying it and focus my time on the 58. 

Glad to hear you got to enjoy it! Continue doing so as long as you have it!!

On 4/22/2019 at 8:28 PM, Bbdakota said:

I'm likely to step on a few toes for not trying to put the right carburetor on it but after fighting with wore out carburetors fir 2 years, I wanted to gamble on something new.....no regrets! I was a little sceptical about a knock-off no name cheap carb but it works and works well. 

I did the same with my 65 Dodge van. $75 Ebay YF knockoff and it ran better than it ever had.