Carb adjustment.

jgreg53

Use standard carb adjustment procedure.

There are two adjustment screws in a typical carburetor, speed and mixture. Set speed screw so that engine idles smoothly at lowest speed. Then adjust mixture screw to highest idle rpm. Go back to speed screw and re-adjust it again for lowest stable idle speed, then again mixture screw to highest speed. After doing this 3-4 times, both screws will be set to their optimal position, and idle speed should be within specifications.

Although, you may not has a issue that can be fixed with a rebuild.  This is a good rebuild video. 

Also check for a air leak with a vacuum guage.  There's a lot of threads about carb adjustments.

Edited by 48ply1stcar
forgot vieo

I just opened my rebuild kit from Mike's Carburetors https://www.carburetor-parts.com/ . I also rebuilt my carb two or three times last year.  One of the kits from last year the gasket main throttle holes were too big, so I had to make my own gaskets.  I think my problem all year was a air leak in the carb or manifold.

Yesterday I made sure the float, floated.  In addition to the carb kit I bought a new idle adjustment screw.  Hope to clean and rebuild this weekend.