1953 Meadowbrook Wagon help

John32369

I recently got my 1953 Meadowbrook wagon home and the floorboards are toast. What I was wanting to know is where to find replacement panels and rockers for it? Would rockers from a two door sedan work?  What floorboards to use?

Edited by John32369

I feel your pain. My wagon's front floors were pretty bad. About the only place I found that does replacement panels is c2cfabrication.com

Like all repro panels, they will need some fettling, but they're pretty good. 

I found loads of NOS rockers listed on eBay. Worth a look there. 

may be another history impaired person trying to cash in on Boobie and Claude having no clue they were dead long before this era...

I posted this to be funny....I made my comment to be funny and feel it is a joke such as this one I just come across.....

https://robins.bookoo.com/i/69561494

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Sedan floorboards are correct. The cubby boxes next to the rear seat unscrew from the side panels and there is a bolt into the floor. These can then be removed. The rear seat support bar does not sit on the floorpan from memory. 

That wagon with the bulletholes has been for sale for years. The price has come down slightly but it’s essentially scrap!

6 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I looked at my sedan and at my wagon floor pictures when doing the repair..the floor panels on the wagon appear to have an accelerated hump compared to the sedan...

I don’t have a sedan to compare to so you may be right, but I used a sedan rear floorpan on mine and it fit quite nicely. 

It’s great to be able to find out all the little nuances of these cars on here.  

3F2F5E9B-A88B-4D52-8BF7-625867961B5A.jpeg

• Like 1

My '54 Suburban had some purchased floor panels for the upper floor below the dash. The metal is very thin, would take a very good welder. I made cardboard panels for the floor panels front,  to where the passengers' feet rest. I took those  panels to a local sheet metal shop and had them duplicated in 18 gauge metal.

I removed all from front to rear, then I used one piece on each side of the drive shaft hump. I have help help this Saturday for installation. That is the last big item just cosmetic items after that. 

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1