Broken Horn Ring

Cold Blue

Has anybody found a way to weld, glue, or whatever.... to re-join a broken horn ring? I suspect it ain't possible and the answer is to belly up to the bar and buy an unbroken one.....if one can be found, for my 48 Plymouth Club Coupe.  Am I right in my assumption? Boy, I sure would like to keep mine, it is in great shape except for the break. Thanks in advance, Blue.

DSC01829.jpg

9 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

not sure of swap meets in your area but seems I see few of these every event.....going very cheap......

There are some swap meets in my area, but not until May, Plymouthy. I was kinda hoping someone had found a way to fix it - otherwise I will just have to be patient and wait for the swap meets to come around.... and hope someone has a 48 Ply horn ring at the meet....

Maybe someone in the jewelry business knows if they can be welded.  These rings get a bit of pressure at that broken point when you

use the top area of the ring to honk the horn.  Another thing that will work is a ring from a 46-48 Canadian Dodge (or Plodge) that

looks like a P15 even though it's a Dodge.  I think it's model #D25.  I once bought an excellent steering wheel listed as from a Dodge......but knowing it

was same as Plymouth.  

Thanks guys. I am going to do some more research and see if it can be repaired. My ring does not have any chrome pitting; most rings I see do. The ones that are in great shape are for sale with a hefty price tag.... will keep everyone posted if a fix is found.