1958 Dodge utility truck

Thanks! I don’t get many replies, I was beginning to wonder if anyone liked it. But I’m almost done so I figure I might as well finish the thread. Got the door painted; not a great match but it’s flat red and now it’s solid which was the goal. Should have it back on this week.

F06A720A-CF6C-47F2-9A11-F31829BB8AD6.jpeg

Edited by falconvan
  • Like 3

Maybe your reply problem is you work so fast everyone is jealous of your quality and speed  and somehow even their typing fingers (just 2 in my case)  do not feel like working!  ??

DJ

• Like 1

Just about road test ready. I put all new brakes, brake lines, and shocks on the back. I got my hydraulic clutch conversion finished up and it works good. I had to get the pinion side of the driveshaftchanged to a small Chrysler unjoint and should have that back Monday. Then just a few odds and ends and we can call it done.

AD68EC97-7391-47C8-9F22-19C1EDB98666.jpeg

9E7A98E0-9BF2-4360-A2F3-ACBC73FC36BA.jpeg

600DF907-9F4C-451E-8991-9EF85897E76F.jpeg

• Like 2

All back together, road test successfull, and it passed inspection. Couldn’t get plates today cause the license office is closed but all I have left is hook up the beacon light and put down the floor mat that is coming Tuesday. It drives so much better!

EDC8D1DB-07CF-4189-B612-F06DA0F751D5.jpeg

3681714A-C7E3-4CD7-A3FA-625A2A08B2C3.jpeg

709860C4-46E6-47A2-98A6-56501DE7B51D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Nicely done...though I wonder if ya might could use something to suspend them spark plug wires over the ignition coil to keep them from flopping around too much...I saw a guy use a couple of modified afro picks he snagged at the store for pennies, mounted between the coil and the block; he would later admit to replacing them with something he found in a JEGS catalog :cool:

1 hour ago, falconvan said:

He’s poking at my blue beacon light on top. ?. Glad you like it; I like the ones on your welcome thread, too.

Now, that's funny. I was looking primarily at the bumper, and never noticed the light in the shadow on top. Had to go back to see it. Nice work you've done, and fast too! ??

8 hours ago, Tony WestOZ said:

I`ll show my ignorance,  "bubble gum machine"??

Nice build by the way.

It’s a slang term for the blue rotating beacon, commonly used by Michigan State Highway Patrol. To this day they still have a single blue beacon on their cars, although they are now LED. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Made a small change this week. The Fiero pedals worked ok but were just a little short. I got the pedals from a Jeep and was able to make them work in the Fiero pedal assembly. 
I also got this propane furnace several months ago and just got around to tearing it down, cleaning everything up and rewiring it. It fires great, just need to put the flue on and no more torpedo heater.

54C66D08-0861-478A-90F5-6FC080887EB4.jpeg

E1AC87E6-0FB9-4FFA-A82B-1B16528793D0.jpeg

• Like 2