New member with a question

woodrow

Hey everybody.  I recently acquired a 1948 P15 and am really enjoying it.  It's a driver with alot of great qualities including a great interior and exterior.  I currently addressing a few little details prior to the local car show season startup.  I've had an issue with the headlights and taillights not working so after disassembling the switch and cleaning it the lights now work.  with the exception of the front left signal now flashes slowly and in unison with the right front signal.  I'm sure I'll straighten that out tho.  My question is regarding the toggle switch under the dash near the radio. There is no response at all when the switch is flicked.  Also, there is a slide switch on the driver's door pillar between both doors that also does nothing when operated.  I've searched and come to believe that the dash switch is tied to the dash lights but not too sure of the details on haw or is supposed to work.  and the slide switch is a mystery to me.  there is no cab light visible otherwise I would think it was for that.  I'm sure everybody on this site is aware of these switches and their purpose lol but I'm in the "dark" lol.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the wealth of information presented on this forum and thank the mods for opening the door for me! I've attached a pic of my car.

20190217_163759.jpg

• Like 3

thank you for the help and compliments.  I really like this car and rather enjoy the simplicity involved with its components.  it's my first classic and I have to say, while I really didn't seek out this car as it was more presented to me as an opportunity, I couldn't be happier with it.  the response from people who see it are inspiring.  The car was actually in a recent big budget movie with some well known actors which adds to the fun of owning it.

Edited by woodrow
  • Like 1

So, with regards to the toggle I believe its 3 way.  I have no response from it at all.  so it turns on/off and rims the dash cluster lights? if so then perhaps the bulb(s) are burned out.  so can some body tell me the operation sequence from left to right please?  I really appreciate any and all help on this switch.  it drives me a bit crazy so to speak when something like this is not working the way it should. thanks in advance!

first...verify your switch is operational with use of an ohm meter....verify your voltage is coming in to the switch (red wire from the light switch...remember, lights on either park or H/L  position)...IF test one proves the switch is defective...short the input to either of the outputs to test the bulbs...or at minimum, test with your ohm meter for continuity and element resistance...

• Thanks 1