Content Control in Build Threads

Sponsored By  
JBNeal
Go to solution Solved by JBNeal,

• Solution

I was doing some research during another cold'n'rainy day and noticed some OT content on one of my build threads.  Looking at four of my build threads, only one had content that stayed on topic, and two others had significant OT content.  I have reached out in the past to participants when they went off the rails to remind them that they were going OT on my build thread, in each instance I was summarily blown off and told that was how the internet works.  At any rate, the only way that I can see for a thread originator to control content on a build thread is to report posts, but I get the impression that is generally frowned upon as it puts a burden upon moderators on censoring members.  Is reporting posts the only way to control content, or am I missing something?

• Like 1

edit = my interjecting suggestion maybe hindering a permanent solution

Edited by Brent B3B
origional suggestion removed

I believe if you paid for a blog you have more control. I haven't had my blog for awhile.

I know what you mean thou....back in 2010 I was loading post after post on a thread I started

and was trying to consecutively post my beginning to end progress.

While I was doing that a few odd off topic posts snuck in.....not the end of the world, but I get

what your saying about sharing info without off topic posts.

48D

• 2 weeks later...

Build threads are interesting,  I see (as I have 2 or 3 of them) why people want to control the content, BUT if you want a mod to go thru and clean everything out you didn't post, that isn't gonna happen period.  So PLEASE don't go reporting every post that doesn't "fit".  You can kindly ask people to self regulate, or remind people you want to keep it clean.  Some of the tangents can be fun, some not so much and some informative of things you hadn't thought of.  

My $0.02

My '54 Suburban build threads started in 2013 a no this morning has 55,280 Niels and 5,000+  replies. I don't concern myself with the replies, som great, some good, some troubling. I'm just posting what I'm doing, I'm about to put it on the road, maybe next week. Wish me luck! 

When i finish, I will in some way down load the entirety, then edit to tell the story an save that edit some where. Certainly will give a copy to the next owner. 

I pick up my new shifter " EZ-SHFTR" this morning.

IMG_6119.JPG

Edited by pflaming