341 Hemi

John32369

It is not a drop-in.

The engine is heavier, wider than the six.

You would be using a PowerFlite transmission?

Framework will be needed - welding in new mounts. You should strongly consider going to power steering. The transmission will require new mounts and linkages.

This would be a big deal.

John,

That sounds like a real neat project. I put a 354 Chrysler in my 48 Plymouth coupe, and I'm glad I did. You have to look at it as what you really want to do and keep at it. Good luck with it.

Ron

Oh I plan on probably putting a Dakota or Durango front clip under it. Was wanting to build  something user friendly for the girlfriend could drive too.  Disk brakes, power steering and automatic transmission 

Good luck. I am heading to Texas to pull out and pick up a 341 next week for the wifes ‘38 plymouth pickup. A ‘46 hemi taxi.........i’ll pay for a ride

Edited by Ltbigtoe

The 341 is an excellent engine!!!

Heavy? not so much. I just finished a 330 rebuild and on the scale it was right at 600lbs (w/alt, no exhaust, carbs, fluids).

There are plenty of finished swaps and the Dak ifs works well. Here is a DeSoto swap with the Dak in a PilotHouse, may, or may not, be helpful:

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/52-dodge-b3b-hemi-project.742584/