Horn wire placement

Jack's 47

I have installed the new horn button set up and it works, but I can't seem to get the wire placed high enough to activate but low enough to not go off all the time. Is there a trick to this that I'm not getting? Pictures would really help, or just letting me know the trick! Thanks

I'm having the same problem with my B3B. Can't seem to find the built-in short that causes it to go off all the time when I make the final connections at the horn.

Pictures noting the place/connection that's tricky or a description of "the trick" would certainly be appreciated.

Have to agree with the comment in the Additional Information that proper alignment of the spokes is quite difficult. I'll gladly give up on that, though, if I can get a working horn that doesn't work until called upon.

Bob

11 minutes ago, Todd B said:

When I built my semi I had too thick a coat of paint on the steering wheel and button. The horn once pushed would hang up and stay on.  

Mine will do that sometimes too. Once as I was pulling in, and parking, at a cruise night in Hartford. I bumped the horn button with my forearm as I was cranking on the steering wheel to back it into a spot. The horn went off and stayed going until I could get parked. Then I could free up a hand to tap on the button to get it popped back up. I sure know how to get a crowd's attention when I arrive.?