"Farmer fixes"

Brent B3B

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:06 AM, JBNeal said:

LOL, I looked at that photo about 4 times before I finally saw it...... camouflaged very well :)

14 hours ago, pflaming said:

I like this thread. We chuckle today, but those fixes were of survival years.

glad it is received in the way it was intended,  not slamming or knocking anyone's fixes.... they just make me laugh  

• Like 3

I got a wild hair to kill 2 birds with one stone as I needed to visit the local locksmith, so I figured I'd get a key cut for the Spring Special since it didn't have one supplied by the previous owner.  I carefully removed the ignition switch from the dash, and mr. butterfingers dropped it on the floorboards...that's when I noticed the cylinder had fallen out of the switch.  Upon further examination, it appears that somebody took the pins out of the cylinder, and all ya needed to operate the switch was a used corn dog stick :cool:

Edited by JBNeal
2,608th post = 1,000 reputation pts = yay me
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 11 months later...

Waay back when, garages and mechanics were few and far between. So cars were built to be reapairable. But still requires parts. 
farmers are way out in the boonies and only had the materials at hand to fix and get rolling. Same went for the farm machinery. I can only respect what they did to keep things rolling. 

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Couple to add to the pile ?

“b” series seat adjustment pin replacement 

4BFB1333-9854-4EF9-B26D-A8F9F764BAF3.jpeg.15450d981a8f0c01354e0fed8a925cd0.jpeg

seat to back re enforcement

F11F293E-9970-401A-82EA-8B021B662162.jpeg.ab24ea567e356b0bf9a8fdc8583ffc70.jpeg

• Like 1