Anyone put Volare rotors on a 53 belvedere

DavidJose1

their kit TB-132 touted application for 49-54 using stock spindles.  The blurb about all their kits was collectively written that stated all their kits come with the bushing spacers and mounting plates as needed per application for use with stock spindles...you bought caliper and rotors locally after receiving their kits....this write up was all inclusive for the kits that were bolt on using stock spindles for application years 1934 through 1954 and included 8 different kit part numbers for these years some using GM rotors. .....I cannot help you beyond the original question will they work on the stock 53 spindle....this company is now defunct....I found them less than helpful when they were in business years ago via mail order and even less so when I visited their facility in Delbarton in person....he would promise kits and parts delivered to major swap meets, he would show, the parts never did...I do not think the company will be revived by the family.  Under other leadership I think it could have been a very good supply venue to the hobby.

I purchased a car from an individual that had long ago bought this very setup among other a large amount of other Ply-Do adapters and kits from the man and it came in original boxes with the car never installed, the brake kits is somewhere in the barn in deep storage...I liquidated the adapter for anything GM related.....but the brake kit was for a 46-48 and is by another number, I recall seeing a bush/spacer in the kit.  Sorry I cannot help you nail this to the wall.  But effectively the rotor goes on the stock spindle...does it use a bush/spacer, the catalog is not that descriptive.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams