I am back to square zero

Grdpa's 50 Dodge

I have this great parts book for my 50 Coronet 2 Door Sedan.  According to Serial number it is a D-34.  When I get back to the Right Rear fender it doesnt give a part number for a fender except for a D-33, station wagons and 7 passenger sedans.  Why would it not call for a rear fender application for a D-34?

Does anyone have a better book and have a part number for a D-34 right rear?

Anyone care to share what is the major difference between a D-33 and a D-34?

1333878 is the Rt rear fender for a D34 2 or 4 dr.

I looked in my master parts book to come up with this.

Cheap line D33's usually have no punched moulding holes.

My book is  from Chrysler Corp and dated in 1951.  For your part number ending in 878 it specifically says NOT for 2 dr sedan.  Not trying to argue the point, just trying to be sure this time.  Seems when we were talking on this site years ago someone said the 2 door rear fenders were different than 4 door in length.  I did a search for all this and cant find old convos

So if an old fender is found, how do you KNOW proof positive which part number fender your looking at.  None ever have stickers or stamped numbers.

For instance, I have a fender in my living room right now that was supposed to be  the correct fit.  It is dished very little and has no tail light opening.  Extensive looking at google pics of possible matches reveals the 'closest' eyeball look alike is a 50 Dodge Fastback as they bolt on to an inner fender of sorts.  They resemble a fender flare of sorts.  Just trying to positive ID .  I tried to harvest a pic off google of what I mean.  Hope it works. See how the outer fender protrudes from the inner and the tail light is on the inner. Anyone have good 'guesses' or definitely knows cant wait to hear same.  Obviously not too many fastbacks in existence and NOT mentioned in other lists of models and parts lists.

fastback fender.jpg

That's right... not for D33 hog back 2 dr sedan... different than a D34 2 dr cpe.

MoTors parts book............................

Fender info D34 MoTors Body.JPG

I am going to TRY to take off an old beat up one from  a in the dirt and cramped dirty coon poo,mouse pee, its DARK in there and not enough space to get beside it.  Never took off a fender before.  I get the idea, JUST wondering if there are  nuts on the inside of the trunk or outside of and under outside of fender.  I have another book on shop manuel and it does not even mention taking off or putting on a fender.  Everything but.  Did I say its dark in there, no electricity,  If you need something drive 5 miles to get it!!!

If your Dodge fenders are attached the same as Plymouth, the rear of the fender has bolts accessible from inside the trunk, and the bolts for the front half of the fender (towards the rear door) are reached from the outside in the wheelwell.  Don't forget to disconnect the taillight wires and if it's the driver's side you may have to wiggle the fender off the gas filler pipe grommet.   Those free Harbor Freight flashlights come in very handy for looking around!

My Dad had a 49 Wayfarer 2 door.  The tail lights weren't carried on the fenders. They were on the body sheet metal between the trunk and fender. I believe the 50 was the same for the Wayfarer. The Coronet the upmarket trim had the tail lights on the fender. Shape of. The fender where it mounts looks different also.  Which do you have?

1950-dodge-wayfarer-2-door-hardtop-antique-street-rod-restomod-rat-rod-barn-find-5.jpg

1950-dodge-coronet-4-door-sedan-3.JPG

There ya go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Ricky Luke said:

Oooo, I'll take the rear fender for the 40 Chrysler at $16.60 thanks :)

Rick

I could look in an older book and maybe find you a better price than $16.60?

• Haha 1

My car is like the bottom gray one.  I have a NOS fender that fits the top black one.  Wont fit my car.  Either I need a car that it fits, or find somebody that needs one. LOL.

How many of these cars are there out there, many or few?

The gray dodge is a pretty common car.

• 2 weeks later...