Fog Lights Bracket Instructions

Conn47D24

Mopar 1064520

Does anyone have the instructions for installation that they would share please?

I checked our download section but nothing there.  Mine arrived without any. Im sure ive seen them somewhere but no luck yet.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all !

20181222_100500.jpg

Edited by Conn47D24
Spell

46 minutes ago, Conn47D24 said:

Mopar 1064520

Does anyone have the instructions for installation that they would share please?

I checked our download section but nothing there.  Mine arrived without any. Im sure ive seen them somewhere but no luck yet.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all !

20181222_100500.jpg

Looks to me like the clamps at the bottom of your photo clamp to your bumper,and the lights attach to the other end. If you want them chromed,sent them out for chroming now.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

Looks to me like the clamps at the bottom of your photo clamp to your bumper,and the lights attach to the other end. If you want them chromed,sent them out for chroming now.

Agree but not bumper . They clamp bumper brackets.

Edited by chrysler1941

Correct the bottom rectangular pieces attach to the bumper brackets. But on the upper or top section the runed  part should be point upper and this goes into the bottom of the fog lights. The roundness helps so you can rotate left to right and up and down when getting them aligned.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com 

• Thanks 1

If I remember correctly the rubber ring should fit over the metal cylinder of the upright. The ring should have a slot around the entire circumference of the ring. I thenthink the hole in the gravel guard is the size of the interteirot size of the slot on the rubber ring outside endge then fits into the hole to form a seal then the cylinder is slide into the rubber ring and thenthe fog light is attached to the top section and of course the unit is bolted to the bumper bracket.

I would try this first on some sheet metal before making the final hole in the gravel guard to make sure this is what you are trying to do.

Rich Hartung

• Thanks 1

If you require drilling  the front stone guard for the brackets, I would suggest using a step drill bit of the proper size to match the (inside) diameter of the slot in the  rubber grommet.

1031260635_StepDrillBit.jpg.8c687828153069f5a84f1a8af38e3d2a.jpg

Edited by T120
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Clay Measure and remeasure several time to make sure the hole is the perfect fit. You only have one shot at this onthe painted front gravel shield.

Also put some good quality tape down onthe metal plate prior to drilling the hole to help with stopping paint chipping.

Slow and easy on the pressure.

I know when I drill the holes in my fender for the fender lamps I was totally scared but got through it patience is your friend.

Good Luck  Rich Hartung

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking good !

Here's how I got there.

Drilled a pilot hole from under the shield ,lined up through the bracket holes.

Traced around the hole drill, and scored the paint to minimize damage.

Drilled hole , filed the rough edges installed grommets.

Assembled lights on chromed top pieces.

IMG_20201016_123013.jpg

IMG_20201016_130637.jpg

IMG_20201016_123018.jpg

IMG_20201016_123916.jpg

IMG_20201016_160014.jpg

IMG_20201016_160819.jpg

IMG_20201016_160828.jpg

IMG_20201016_160809.jpg

IMG_20201017_152410.jpg

IMG_20201017_152514.jpg

• Like 1

Pete to adapt indicators into the fronts you can add dual element pigtails to your parking light fixtures to accept dual filiment bulbs then wire accordingly to power the blinkers.  You can do same to rear lights also.  I am not familiar with the rear lighting scheme but on my 46, I added motorcycle lamps with brake light fixtures for rear blinkers.

5011906_dcd_85801_pri_larg.jpg

IMG_3821.JPG

• Like 1

I've used these motorbike blinkers/indicators for 40 yrs tho' last year I replaced the rear ones with a pair of smaller "harley"style ones, have got a pair of the "harley" style for the front that will be done soon........I originally tried to adapt the front parking lights and the rear tailights to both work as indicators but space was an issue so the bolt on bike ones were used........hopefully saves an idiot hitting the car..........andyd

P1000698 (800x600).jpg

P1000700 (800x600).jpg

• Like 1