glass channel run

Peen

Just removed my side windows from my 53 truck to repair the regulators. Everything went smooth except-when I removed the 1 1/8 x 7/8 x 15 inch window channel toward the hinges I noticed that there wasn't any felt left in the channel. Just the thin piece of sheet metal with some residue that is riveted to the main bolt on channel. Can't find anything on line to tell me if this is a special piece of felt channel this size or can I use something else like the regular felt channel used for the rest of the door? Any help appreciated and thanks. Steve.

IF you are referring to the moving vent divider post seal...unfortunately no one makes an exact replica for this piece of seal.  You have a couple options however.  Reuse the original metal spline by removing the rivets, clean the spine and if serviceable after that, buy the generic flocked angle channel and remove the covering and glue to your existing spline or if your spine is bad, make a duplicate of it and glue the donor flocking on.  Once covered, rivet back onto your division post.  The aftermarket is too wide in each direction and will look out of place as it will stand to tall above the division bar.  Also, the angle is so rounded it does not fit as nicely as your original spline.   I just recovered a set I made to spec with new metal but chose another option altogether for flocking which I think is very nice.  This requires a few other tools in your inventory to replicate so will forego the blurb on that.  DO NOT think for one second that the retailers have the right stuff....they do not unless they happened to have NOS division bars and so far none that I contacted have been able to supply either.

HOWEVER...IF you have the stationary division post..as I am not familiar with the 53 truck.....the rubber seal available through major rubber vender will work nicely......

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Plymouthy Adams. Thanks for your reply. My 53 has the stationary channel that screws into the door just above the cover opening and at the top just behind the wing vent. I'll take your advice and see what I can come up with to make it work. Was really hoping there would be a standard replacement for it. Thanks again. Steve.

standard channel run is common and can be found.....post a pic, is the piece you talking about flex or rigid style....you buy this stuff based on that, and if you want beaded or not also...there is only one company that makes 100% of this stuff regardless of who is selling it....Restoration Specialties is a good source....they have an online catalog also...

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/Products.html

• Like 2