Residual Valve redundancy? Scarebird

Franklyn49

10 hours ago, Edward Garcia said:

The master worked with ALL drum brakes, just NOT good. If i put hoses in fluid, it siphons back into line.

Cylinder is SUPER clean. even blew out with Air. No gunk.  

Thinking i need to "bench" bleed with hoses in fluid. I do have a pressure bleeder so when i get the MC working ill be able to bleed brakes pretty easy. Famous last words. LOLThanks

Check the ports in the bottom of the reservoir and make sure they are not plugged

52 minutes ago, Adam H P15 D30 said:

Yes, the residual pressure valve is removed as part of the disc brake upgrade.  It's a non-issue

I only removed the rubber washer around the residual pressure valve.  I think I would still try it with those plugs, it worked for me.

5 hours ago, 48ply1stcar said:

Have you tried using plugs.  It worked almost instantly for me.

i will, just have to get one more.

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

If you don't then you suck air back into the line.  Sounds like you are missing a residual pressure valve if you are siphoning back into the line when bleeding the master.

i will put in fluid. Thansk 

4 hours ago, Adam H P15 D30 said:

Yes, the residual pressure valve is removed as part of the disc brake upgrade.  It's a non-issue

It's an issue if he's siphoning fluid back into the lines as he tries to bleed the master.  He'll need to use something else to prevent that.