Wheel cylinder kit

Jj1981

I have not tried them, but getting ready to order from rockauto

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,1949,truck,3.6l+218cid+l6,956907,brake+&+wheel+hub,wheel+cylinder+repair+kit,1956

curious if others have tried them and the quality they were.

Will say that I am going to order the complete wheel cylinders, and not the kit.

Edited by Los_Control

kits are only a few dollars, order them also  ?

I am the guy that rebuilt his carb, then found rockauto had a carb available, I got it also and can now rat hole one away for future use.

Next year they may not be available.

I have done a lot of reading what others have done, I hear complaints specially on the master cylinders. Cheap China knock offs and leaked out of the box, but they were able to put in a stainless steel sleeve and save them.

Your original wheel cylinders may be better quality of anything new, I would use them if I could.

When I was a kid working at the local garage, rebuilt many wheel cylinders for customers.

I would hone out the cylinder, then go to the magic box hanging on the wall, it had all common sizes of rubber cups.

Depending how much we honed out the cylinder, could put back in original size cup, or go up to one size larger ... if that leaked the customer got a new cylinder.

Your cups should have a size stamped on them, where you would buy assorted cups of different sizes .... people just do not do this anymore, everything is a throw away.

I guess my thought with ordering wheel cylinders, I will save my old ones and hope to rebuild them, but not sure factory sized cups would work after cleaning.

Cheap China parts I hear complaints on the metal and bores, not really the rubber seals.

I have used new front wheel brake cylinders, brake shoes, and a master cylinder rebuild kit from Andy Bernbaum Auto Parts for my 50 B2B.

They worked well, and they standby their quality. 

Take the rubber cups to a local NAPA dealer and they will match them up for you-they also have the kits.   The only parts unavailable for the rebuild are the aluminum pistons.  

Used Rock Auto in the past but will not any longer. Under NO circumstances can you talk to anyone, really sucks. Wish they had not changed

their policy on returns/problems. Ordered a complete A/C system for my truck and one small part was broken, it would have been easier to

decipher the Rosetta Stone than getting the part, orifice tube extractor, replaced.