12th ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ, Clements California

48Dodger

I would love to come and meet some of you old timers “ you can learn more in one day from old timer then from a month of reading a book” so I we’ll see ya there! So what is needed for the bbq. Meat type I wold like to help out and cook it in an old dodge truck if possible. And I’m a really good nut and bolt turner! And a straight eye sight. To boot! Can’t wait. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 2:00 PM, DJ194950 said:

Do not forget Paul F. may still drive his truck.

DJ

DJ. Tomorrow / Saturday  is tune up time on Phoenix!  Im drivng it up on Friday!  Can't have the BBQ without one of the "signature trucks!  So get out your tools! LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:54 PM, Cordell said:

.... So what is needed for the bbq. Meat type I wold like to help out and cook it in an old dodge truck if possible. And I’m a really good nut and bolt turner! ....

Bring your stuff and we'll let you cook it!! Plenty of heat to go around.

48D

Had a few of the locals stop by and help ready the ranch for the festivities!!

CYA THERE!!

48D 

Thank you Charlie and Jimmie!

IMG_20190401_131105453_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190401_120243470_HDR.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2019 at 5:23 AM, ggdad1951 said:

you mean we won't have  truck to work on during the Q this year?   :(

Well heck...my 52 is still up there with no front end on it! I haven’t been able to get up to the ranch this past year to yank the motor out of it due to my medical crap...more than welcome to rape the motor outta that bad boy if we feel like it this year! LOLOLOLOL probably make both mine AND Tim’s wife happy something was actually happening to it! Ha!

Edited by Bluzhog53
Spelling
  • Like 1

heading down Wednesday morning,  almost "locked and loaded"...... (still have to anchor the bed down to the trailer)  should be there Friday

1176866020_3500tow.jpg.2066f208904738ab96108c4c6fe4d9cb.jpg

pray for us!! 

LOL, and you guys thought the green truck was tough to get back on the trailer.......  :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Keeping an eye on the rain....the weather keeps going back and forth about rain or clouds or both on Saturday. As of now it says rain on Friday and overcast on Saturday.

A rainy Friday will get in the way of our cleanup and mowing day...:cool:

7 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

ooo do I get to drive this one this year?

the Cummins? you bet :D

"Rob" threw a little fit loading him up Sunday.

drove a mile to the loading spot (cause my driveway is gravel and too steep to tow him out of with my truck)

went to drive him on the trailer and "no start" AGAIN!!! :mad:

get out you wrenches guys and gals !!!!! LOL

4 hours ago, B1B Keven said:

Where did the Cummins come from? Nice truck!!

thanks, Moses Lake WA :)

(this BBQ run is a test drive for a longer trip in June)  

Edited by Brent B3B
  • Like 1

Its less than a week away....time to fill the gas tanks and load the ice chests brothers!
With the BBQ almost here.... it always happens, a few forum names will come up....some asking questions like "wonder what he's like?"

"wonder if he'll come out next year?" or "wouldn't it be great if that guy was here, I'd like to talk with him".

It's what created the "Wish You Were Here Award".
An award that reminds everyone on the forum, no matter where you're at, you're invited!!

Past winners:

2008 Don Coatney
2009 Merle Coggins
2010 Hank aka HanksB3B
2011 Ed aka Young ED
2012 Bud aka Budstruck
2013 Tim Adams aka Plymouthy Adams
2014  Mark aka ggdad1951 and  Davin aka Desotodav
2015  Joe Hanely aka 52b3 Joe
2016  Dave aka Dave72dt
2017  Rob aka Dodge4ya
2018  JBNeal

This year, its a guy who has tried to get to the Q' a few times and has defaulted because of work or his family.

We all can all get behind a guy like that, because that's what really matters most. But that doesn't change the fact

it would be nice to see him here someday! He always has a kind word when needed, and helpful information if relevant. 

We all know he has owned the most beautiful semi-truck you've ever seen in recent history of these old Dodge Trucks.

But, again, he choose family, when choosing a classic ride that would include everyone when it came time to enjoy the weekend.

He'll get here someday, and I know that when he does, it'll seem like he's never missed a single one. 

•  2019  Todd B  •

Congratulations!!! Look for your trophy in the mail my friend.

48D

•  
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The wife and I will definitely be there Saturday.  Unfortunately we're not bringing the Dodge this time - maybe next year after I get the T5 swapped in.  I don't think the old beast is up for pulling the Carson Pass as it is.   I can't trailer it down either as my other truck is too wimpy for the job....

We will, however, be bringing some genuine brewed in Reno Great Basin Ichthyosaur "ICKY" IPA as an apology of sorts for leaving the Dodge at home!

Edited by Old CWO
grammar
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

Its less than a week away....time to fill the gas tanks and load the ice chests brothers!
With the BBQ almost here.... it always happens, a few forum names will come up....some asking questions like "wonder what he's like?"

"wonder if he'll come out next year?" or "wouldn't it be great if that guy was here, I'd like to talk with him".

It's what created the "Wish You Were Here Award".
An award that reminds everyone on the forum, no matter where you're at, you're invited!!

Past winners:

2008 Don Coatney
2009 Merle Coggins
2010 Hank aka HanksB3B
2011 Ed aka Young ED
2012 Bud aka Budstruck
2013 Tim Adams aka Plymouthy Adams
2014  Mark aka ggdad1951 and  Davin aka Desotodav
2015  Joe Hanely aka 52b3 Joe
2016  Dave aka Dave72dt
2017  Rob aka Dodge4ya
2018  JBNeal

This year, its a guy who has tried to get to the Q' a few times and has defaulted because of work or his family.

We all can all get behind a guy like that, because that's what really matters most. But that doesn't change the fact

it would be nice to see him here someday! He always has a kind word when needed, and helpful information if relevant. 

We all know he has owned the most beautiful semi-truck you've ever seen in recent history of these old Dodge Trucks.

But, again, he choose family, when choosing a classic ride that would include everyone when it came time to enjoy the weekend.

He'll get here someday, and I know that when he does, it'll seem like he's never missed a single one. 

•  2019  Todd B  •

Congratulations!!! Look for your trophy in the mail my friend.

48D

•  

THANK YOU Tim, It’s a great honor to be on this list of great guys.   One of these years I am coming.  I am 53 and still never stepped foot in California. 

Have a great weekend boys and girls this weekend and appreciate your host and hostess, it takes a lot to put something of this caliber on.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Old CWO said:

The wife and I will definitely be there Saturday.  Unfortunately we're not bringing the Dodge this time - maybe next year after I get the T5 swapped in.  I don't think the old beast is up for pulling the Carson Pass as it is.   I can't trailer it down either as my other truck is too wimpy for the job....

We will, however, be bringing some genuine brewed in Reno Great Basin Ichthyosaur "ICKY" IPA as an apology of sorts for leaving the Dodge at home!

hhhmm...find me for one of those...I like to try new brews.

15 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

I GOT DIBS!!!!!! I WANNA DRIVE THE BIG TRUCK!!!! :D

48D

Maybe daddy Brent will let us BOTH drive...once we get him runnin

I'm coming for sure next year! I promise.....it's in print now!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1