Notice anything different?

BobT-47P15

click on link to see picture...….then go to pic 3 or 5 and enlarge.       Just for fun.    Not-a my car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1948-Plymouth-Special-Deluxe-Coupe/253941006413?hash=item3b2010404d:g:NB8AAOSwjhdbyeYN:rk:19:pf:0&vxp=mtr

Edited by BobT-47P15

2 minutes ago, chrysler1941 said:

Don't want to steal the threads, but where can one find Venetian blinds like these?

we posted about the same time....these car blinds are very hard to find and extremely expensive if one does luck upon them per my experience in the past....

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

9 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

we posted about the same time....these car blinds are very hard to find and extremely expensive if one does luck upon them per my experience in the past....

?

There is a French company who makes them for European car models. I wrote to them with dimensions several times. They only replied with a form to fill in French. After returning the form, no answer. I gave up.

Maybe if one contacted them in French. If somebody succeeds, please let us know.

https://www.gradulux.org/anglais/accueil/index.php

I am always a bit disappointed in the exterior extremes are this level with slighted undercarriage, hood and truck and while the interior has had little attention...its a far cry from complete and not near up to the expectations one would expect visualizing the exterior.  But, this is probably still a work in progress....albeit a bit different in most folks approach is all.  I like the grunt work out of the way first....then progress to finesse...

We have a member from that neck of the woods who may pony up a bit of linguistic help for you and get what you need.  If price is right you may find a side business.  With special order though, may be the price there will be on par with NOS style here if ever located.  good luck, I have seen these in a few cars....they are ok but I cannot see a need for one unless it was a limo....

4 minutes ago, Don Coatney said:

Are the blinds to keep the sun out or to keep winder peepers from looking in at the back seat activity? 

they kinda remind me of hood locks....you find them on muscle looking cars that actually only have a six banger under the hood and prevent folks from finding the truth....in some cases this could hide a multitude of sins in regard to rear package tray, seat back and sail panel section of a headliner....

Answer to original Question- back bumper off something else??

After second look at a 47 Ply. in my garage I am not sure about my answer now!

DJ

I am interested in the flexible hoses running along the passenger side inner fender and in through the firewall. It almost appears the someone has incorporated a later model heater box and core into the engine compartment. My '49 Chrysler had that arrangement. The car overall is real purty.

John R

2 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I am always a bit disappointed in the exterior extremes are this level with slighted undercarriage, hood and truck and while the interior has had little attention...its a far cry from complete and not near up to the expectations one would expect visualizing the exterior.  But, this is probably still a work in progress....albeit a bit different in most folks approach is all.  I like the grunt work out of the way first....then progress to finesse...

I will give them credit for a very detailed auction though. So a potential buyer will be aware that the inside etc isn't at the same level as the exterior. 

• Thanks 1

Ol Guy spotted the thing I did......that the stainless trim appears to be installed  upside down.  :Look at the slant on the end of the trim.  Re the bumper(s)...neither has guards.  However some cars back then came without at least one pair of them, but I don't recall on

which end.

Re: the heater stuff.....it does appear someone has added an intake box, large hose and who knows what else to presumably

upgrade the system.  Would be interesting to know how well that worked.  Makes you wonder what either the owner or some shop

really knows about  the components of a P15.  

I do like that "pea green" color......back in high school I had a friend who bought one that color.  Of course, he later shaved the

hood, split the manifold, did some other stuff, and painted it "candy apple red."