Correct Jack for a D-24 Dodge

fmfarrisjr

Surprisingly when I purchased my car (which was 99.9% complete), it was missing a jack. Before I begin a search, is there anything unique about this jack? Can someone please post a photo? 

'48 Dodge Macungie 2017.jpg

• Like 1

From my recall they were a simple L-shaped lip, not detachable, placed next to the inside of the bumper guards to a prevent leaning. Most use a chassis jack now. But I see you might want one for completion of the trunk area. Do you have any pictures of the 1925 Dodge project?  

9 foot box,

Thanks for your response. Here is a shot of my '25 Dodge Brothers 2 door Fisher Body Coach. This model was produced for only 2 years - 1925 & 1926. I heard sales were targeted toward families with small children. 

'25 Dodge Brothers.JPG

• Like 2

FM............that 25 Dodge is a nice looking car......Fisher Body?...........is that the GM Fisher Company?.......is it different from what I'd assume to have been a Dodge Company 2 dr sedan or coach?...........it looks like its finished rather than a "project"...........nice car...........andyd  

Starting in 1914, Dodge Brothers used, almost exclusively, the Budd Company to make all their steel body cars. Fisher Body made bodies for Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and many other manufacturers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_Body.  One body style they made was the 2 door Coach which was supplied to Chevrolet and Pontiac among others. The Coach body frame was made of wood with the exterior steel sheeting tacked on. I guess the Dodge Brothers/Budd did not want to invest in the tooling required to manufacture a steel body Coach so consequently they bought these bodies from Fisher. There is a small brass emblem just behind the right front fender indicating the body was built by Fisher. Apparently it was not a big seller since the availability of the Dodge Brothers Coach style lasted only 2 years.

Edited by fmfarrisjr

The one for my 47 PLYMOUTH looks like this one......I am borrowing a picture from ebay….click on the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-OEM-1946-1947-1948-1949-Mopar-Plymouth-Dodge-Bumper-Jack-Lot-2/163341538710?epid=22020933903&hash=item2607ea1596:g:rEQAAOSwKMxbM-vH:rk:2:pf:0&vxp

I don't know if Dodge was different.

Edited by BobT-47P15