Young ED and 52B3B Joe

It is so good to see younger folks take such an interest in these old cars and trucks. These guys both have fathers who own and maintain old cars and trucks and they both have been taught well by there fathers. They both ask questions but with every question they comment on what they have done and where they have looked prior to asking there questions. In other words they do there homework. I have personally met both of these guys and Joe's dad. I am proud to call them my friends.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I just noticed this! I admit I don't regularly check this section. 

I try not to clutter up the forum with already answered info, it makes it harder to search things! I haven't had much going on with projects lately, but when I get to the cabover project, I know I'll be here a lot again. I'll have to learn the bigger trucks! 

This forum and the members are great! I've met a number of people on here at different times, and I consider all of them my friends. In a round-about way Reg Evans is to blame for me and my truck. If he had never sold it, I would have never bought it and joined here! When I bought my truck, I was looking for either a Studebaker truck or a mid 60's mopar, and somehow got a mix of the two. My wife's great uncle ended up with Reg's truck, and kept pestering me into buying it (along with my father-in-law). I caved in and the rest is history. I'm not sure I would have bought my cabover without everyone on here either. The turning point on that one was going to look at it with Merle when he was passing through the area. I definitely have no buyers remorse, and I can't wait to start that project! 

Thanks for the kind words, it means a lot!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Joe that is kinda funny I started out similar. When I was looking for my first old vehicle I was specifically looking for a truck and wanted something nice but not perfect because I wanted to drive it. Spent a few weeks back and forth on a IHC KB but we finally walked away when the guy wouldn't come down on price. Later that summer Dad ran into someone who knew the owner of my 46 and it came home shortly after that. We're on the hunt for something a little more family friendly for longer trips so maybe I'll be doing some traveling to meet up with you guys again. Thanks Don for the post and the others who chimed in!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1