Engine Transportation

Captain Neon

2 hours ago, pflaming said:

Place it on an old tire. That cushions the ride and it won't slide around. I stil tie an  engine four ways. Should you have an accident, you don't want that coming at you at 60 mph! JMHO 

I usually do that,and also place a couple of old tires right up against the front of the bed,and slide the engine forward to make contact with the tires. Strap it tight,top and bottom if you have the strap hooks at the bottom.

Some people (me) even go so far as to cut a piece of plywood to fit into the bed of the truck so you don't scrape paint off the bed. If you have the plywood in the floor,you don't really need the tire and wheel for the engine to sit in. Just push it up against the tires you stood upright at the front of the bed,and strap it down.

No sense in letting it get a "running start" towards the cab if you have to hit the brakes

Edited by knuckleharley