Dual carb linkage

Mike c

The ones that come with the offenhauser intakes are junk, don’t bother.  I built mine from RC joints, flat stock, and basic list supplied for andual Holley setup. Will find the link and foawrd it to you via PM.

A3105245-4EA9-458E-B47B-E923868DF529.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Mike c said:

Thank you Adam what carbs are you using there and are they better then standard carbs? 

Carter / Webers like Marty is using above. I believe they offer better driveability than 2 1bbls but that could be a debated subject here. Definitely better tuning if you’re willing to do it. I will say they run darn good out of the box. All out Power probably goes to dual 1bbls. 

10 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

Great post...  I will have to look more into this matter latter.  But it's definitely a start...

7 hours ago, Mark D said:

The ones that come with the offenhauser intakes are junk, don’t bother.  I built mine from RC joints, flat stock, and basic list supplied for andual Holley setup. Will find the link and foawrd it to you via PM.

A3105245-4EA9-458E-B47B-E923868DF529.jpeg

Also interested Mark ?

I have dual carter B&Bs and got my linkage from George Asche as well. I called him and he put them in the mail for me. Well made and easy to use. George is also one of the great  gems in this game and is willing to share the knowledge he has gained over the last 60+ years. His number is 814-354-2621.

Mike C - My carb linkage is quire simple. Just rods with swivel ends on them that connect to the front carb then another rod that goes to back carb. Works great! Pics are attached. The first pic shows the linkage from the gas pedal, second pic the rod that attaches to the back carb. Third pic shows the rod that goes to the front carb. Hope this helps. 

DSC01766.jpg

DSC01765.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

Check out this thread.  http://p15-d24.com/topic/32694-dual-carb-linkage-kit/

I used a kit from Pierce manifolds.  With a quick search I see they still have kits available.  Pics of my setup are in the thread above. 

https://www.piercemanifolds.com/category_s/223.htm

I have a couple 914 engines that are set up with twin Weber deuces.  Long ago they came with round shaft linkage and of course, round hole linkage arms...heavy but still being round they could get knocked out of sync if not pulled from the common pull point.   Today these linkage kits are running hexagon rod and link openings...lateral position is your only concern with these...these units will prevent link arm roll and for the inquiring folks, the hex shaft also pivots on ball rod ends.. just another idea for those that prefer to fabricate but like to have the whole enchilada in front of you to assemble to meet your wants/needs..for your entertainment/consideration I show: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Premium-DUAL-CARB-LINKAGE-KIT-For-Weber-IDF-HPMX-Dunebuggy-VW/202249277381?hash=item2f16ff0fc5:g:EfEAAOSwqi1anI05

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I believe the most unique part of the Weber IDF series carbs and well, many other Weber series for that matter is that the throttle plate shaft is setting on roller ball bearing each end.  If I were to play with carbs on a flathead, I would play with the DCOE 45's maybe 48's if a 230  they cost a tad more in the long run..but are very dependable.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

2 hours ago, Thomba48 said:

They look great, but only useable with the AOK intake? Or am I right? thanks

You are probably right. Though, I’ve heard George will build a linkage for any intake if you send it to him.