anyone running Lake pipes on their P 15 or d24

thebelvedereman

10 hours ago, Robert Horne said:

Found this on the net....

lake pipes.jpg

10 hours ago, Robert Horne said:

Found this on the net....

lake pipes.jpg

Yeah I've seen that one on YouTube, it actually sounds pretty good with them hooked up, I was looking to see if I can find a 4-door like mine with pipes on them, I really do like the look though I think I'm going to put them on

personally I think the strange aspect is due to the more forward position or the rack and the close proximity to the visor....4-6 rearward or at least closer to the rear glass would place it in better prospective to the roof...but then, this is just my mind idling in neutral

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

If, I had your car, probably the first thing I'd do, is lower the visor. Most had a stand off, that clamped the center windshield bar, and adjusted for length and stability. IMHO yours is to high and not as aerodynamic  as you should want it to be. I like your car,it's not a hot rod. Look for the chrome missing and enjoy it. I just like to keep my cars and trucks as close to original looking on the outside. If you want a little more throaty sound, maybe a larger exhaust and glass pack.  

8 hours ago, 9 foot box said:

If, I had your car, probably the first thing I'd do, is lower the visor. Most had a stand off, that clamped the center windshield bar, and adjusted for length and stability. IMHO yours is to high and not as aerodynamic  as you should want it to be. I like your car,it's not a hot rod. Look for the chrome missing and enjoy it. I just like to keep my cars and trucks as close to original looking on the outside. If you want a little more throaty sound, maybe a larger exhaust and glass pack.  

I'm not putting the lake pipes on for sound, they would not even be hooked up, and as far as the sun visor goes, it is mounted the way it's supposed to be mounted, it is uniform all the way across if I pulled the middle down it would be squished looking in the middle and sticking up on the ends, it is a sun visor off an Old Hudson commodore, it is not adjustable, and it's open in the rear so it is very aerodynamic the wind just passes right under it

• 3 weeks later...

Some real squares in here. I like lake pipes as long as they are the right length for the car and are mounted in the proper position. I hate ones that start too far from the front wheel opening. Which is why mine we custom made at a local exhaust shop. I took it one step further and had extensions made to travel the whole length of the car. I'm not chopping the top on this and IMO a long, low car looks better. So I have done mods to make the car appear longer than it is. 3 bolts and I can have the extensions off.

I have a Moose manifold on the car and it was originally straight piped. After 3 years I got a little tired of the sound and had some porter mufflers snuck in underneath. So now the front half of the pipe is not connected. But you can't tell unless you are underneath the car.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I like lake pipes but for some reasonI dont see them too attractive on a 40’s or early 50’s mopar .

just my honest opinion....  but...  I wouldnt mind looking to see how they might look on my 40 coupe now that I think about it. ? 

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:03 AM, thebelvedereman said:

That looks a little strange on a coupe

Hi,

Thats my car on a car meeting in Stockholm/Sweden!

The roof rack was for my summer vacation last year but now it rest in my garage until next time I need to bring lots of stuff with the car...

Now for this summer it´s 2" lower, there is more pics on Facebook (P15 Plymouth 1946-1948)

IMG_0339.jpg

• Like 1