Calling all 41 Plymouth owners

Reg Evans

I am starting up an old business I sold in the late 70's.  I'm reproducing lettered speedometer and gauge glass and am working on one for a 1941 Plymouth.  If anyone happens to have a speedometer out of the car I need a measurement for the glass. Any help greatly appreciated.

1 DashGlassTop_1.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Skrambler said:

Will the reproduction glass be decals? Or be etched into the glass as the original were?

No decals.  Screen printed on the back with high quality enamel. I have some I made 40 years ago and they still look new.

Hi Reg,

I have an NOS domed gauge cluster glass for my 1939 Plymouth that needs to be re-silkscreened. The original silkscreening has some shelf wear around the edges that will show when installed. I got it because my current glass is pretty scratched up. 

Questions:

Do you do the domed '39 glass?

Do you also include the paper and cork gaskets that secure the glass?  Please let me know.

Thanks,

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Hi Reg,

I have an NOS domed gauge cluster glass for my 1939 Plymouth that needs to be re-silkscreened. The original silkscreening has some shelf wear around the edges that will show when installed. I got it because my current glass is pretty scratched up. 

Questions:

Do you do the domed '39 glass?

Do you also include the paper and cork gaskets that secure the glass?  Please let me know.

Thanks,

Pete

I do Pete.  Contact me at rego@hughes.net.  Also check out eBay #123281237452 for a flat one 

Reg........do you have these instrument patterns already or do you need a good original to start with?..........I'd be interested in a 1940 Dodge version.................thanks, Andy Douglas 

I have a spare one as well. It will be Monday evening before I can get to it,  If Junkers doesn't get back to you, I will post the dimensions then. I have been kicking around the idea of modern gauges in the original housing. I would like to have a volt meter where the ammeter is ( I have a 100 amp alternator) Would you be able make custom lettering?

1 minute ago, Flatie46 said:

Will you being other models, possibly other brands?  Asking for a friend...?

Yes, I have some listed on eBay now and many more to come.  Check out the seller …..grandpadodge

Thanks to Junkers72 (Ernie) I have an original glass now so I can get the original measurements and layout in relation to the odd dimensioned glass.  The rectangle of glass isn't really a rectangle. It's about 3/16" taller on the right side.

THANK YOU ERNIE !!!

1 41 plym 2.png

I will be needing one also for my 39 Ply. also, found another domed glass.  A word of caution, had the trim nickel plated and was so anxious to install didn't measure the groove on the back of the trim. The plating was just thick enough to cause one corner of the glass to crack.  If you have had plating done, carefully measure the thickness of the holding area before installing

Rich