The Beauty of the Original Tires, Wheels and Trim

There's something to be said about the original set of wheels. Even though the mags had a modern look, it still wasn't quite right in my opinion. I finally broke down and ordered the hub caps, beauty rings, and tires. I painted the wheels the same as the running boards and here you have it. So here is my truck back to original form with the exclusion of metallic paint and my preferred paint scheme. At some point I will look for a set of tires to fit my 15" X 6" mag rims that have the same diameter or close as the 6.50-16's. 

20180722_170226.jpg

20180722_170155.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Original wheels look great!... mags not so.

Hi John,

Nice truck. I appreciate the blackwall tires. Very few if any were ordered with whitewalls. After all, these were working trucks, not commuter or show vehicles. Whitewalls on old pickups have never looked "correct" to me, and I don't have them on my '38 Dodge Brothers pickup. I once had to shift tires between my '39 Plymouth (whitewalls) and the blackwalls on the '38 pickup (both are 16/600). I changed back as soon as I could. To me whitewalls on an old pickup are equivalent to seeing spiked high heels on a defensive tackle.

My 2 cents,

Pete

• Like 2

On 7/25/2018 at 3:07 PM, 53 Truck-O-Matic said:

Beautiful.!  I'm wondering where you ordered the hubcaps, since I am short those as well.

I bought mine from DCM Classics, Part#B260, $85 each or a set of 4 for $320