6 Volt Positive Ground

There is really nothing all that tricky... or for that matter fussy ...about using 6V positive ground in these vehicles. It works just fine!!.

The aftermarket accessory turn signal units that clamp on to the steering column work well, I got one off Ebay that looks period and it has been in daily use for 5 years. It does require a 6V flasher relay. These seem to have a lifespan of about 2 years...so get extras. Other than that I think it is a good idea to have this feature. You would be surprised by how many fools follow too closely. And it gives you an Emergency flasher should you experience car trouble or get behind an accident.

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd suggest this one. More heavy duty than some of the cheapy units. Works on 6 12 or 24v just by changing the indicator bulb. I have them in both my 46 and 48 and plan to wire one into my 47. I agree with Jeff the modern 6v flashers are junk. I am running old ones I grabbed out of junk cars at the junkyard. 

turnsignalswitch.jpg

DSC01842.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1