My First Car -- P15 1947 Plymouth Deluxe

NickPickToo
Go to solution Solved by kbuhagiar,

13 hours ago, NickPickToo said:

You probably remember what it was like to be my age, but period correct implementation is critical.

Weather seal around the lid and hidden cork gaskets behind the grill makes for rattle free implementation too.

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

This is awesome

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

You expect us to believe there was such a thing as music in cars back then?

I guess you will be telling us next there was electricity in houses,too.

knuckle,running for cover..........

Probably added base by blowing over a jug

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Dryerventwizard said:

Does anybody know where to get these for 1940dodge car quarter vent window mine is stripped out and rusted.

20801.jpeg

I'm not a moderator (at least on this forum) so I may be speaking out of turn....but posts like the one above really need to be in a separate thread. This thread is about Nick's car and shouldn't be hijacked with topics that don't apply to his project.

Thanks.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sam Buchanan said:

I'm not a moderator (at least on this forum) so I may be speaking out of turn....but posts like the one above really need to be in a separate thread. This thread is about Nick's car and shouldn't be hijacked with topics that don't apply to his project.

Thanks.  :)

He was putting windows in so I thought he might know and what dictates a separate thread compared to the i don't know how many threads that someone has already talked about yet someone still started a new thread whatever dude.

Okay time for some really heavy proud parent time

Nicholas is going to be a Nittany Lion.  He was accepted to (and is going to) the Engineering College at Penn State, main campus, University Park 

I suspect you'll see him at the Hershey auto show a few times over the next few years.

image.jpeg.15fb27c43b0c2fd6d4420a14d3e91ba8.jpeg

• Like 12

That is FANTASTIC Nick!!! This is a great opportunity for you and Penn State. While you are there, can you please do your part and encourage the Nittany Lions to WHOOP a little Ohio State Buckeye ass?

• Thanks 1

On many materials used in auto interiors the installers had a special made steam machine to steam the cloth (and other materials) as used in most old cars to remove the last of the wrinkles.

Years ago I did install a home made cloth headliner material and I used just the hottest water I could get and misted it on and then a hair dryer to dry it. Worked out very well! Actually got quite tight.

How to make your own steamer cheaply? Someone who wants to become a engineer may be able to come up with a way? ? ?

DJ

That's one of two Pioneer TS-A1371R 5-1/4"  The speaker covers are motorcycle headlamp covers with a vintage-style speaker cloth under the cover.  (I gave up on the exciter plan)  The speakers were donated from a friend's father who worked for pioneer at one time.

IMG_1129[4979].jpg

• Like 3

Looking really good!  An upholstery steamer specific for the automotive industry is probably expensive just because.  But its just a glorified garment steamer.  My former agency's Honor Guards have them to straighten flags and touch up uniforms.  Some people with a lot of business suits have them to save on dry-cleaning bills.  Meaning they're kind of common, especially in metropolitan areas.  You or your folks may know someone that happens to have a garment steamer you can borrow to tighten up that headliner once you get it installed.

I have seen this done a number of different ways. I did mine to the just below the level of the lower window line. These photos are not great. I will try and get you better shots this evening

2mp.JPG

• Thanks 1