My First Car -- P15 1947 Plymouth Deluxe

NickPickToo
Go to solution Solved by kbuhagiar,

2 hours ago, DonaldSmith said:

The must have had a real powerful stapler that pierced the metal in the process.  I used real small screws to put in my fuzzies.  But that was in distant memory, and before I had a digital camera to memorialize processes. 

It's actually an easy install.  Just run a bead of glue along the location where the whiskers attach and then set the garnish behind your refrigerator for a little while.  

I easy installed mine using popular clips synonymous with other makers of the era....quick and easy pop in...pops out easily if you need to later service a cracked glass etc....rivets will require drill out later...glue will mess up the paint and such also...screws are an alternative but must be very small heads to stay below the flocking at all time including aged projected wear.

19 minutes ago, NickPickToo said:

It's actually an easy install.  Just run a bead of glue along the location where the whiskers attach and then set the garnish behind your refrigerator for a little while.  

Hmmmm.......the suggestion I posted was to use velcro that has the strong stickum already on the velcro, it is pretty aggressive adhesive, no additional glue needed. Also, I used the 'wooly' side of the velcro, not the plastic 'whiskers'.

13 minutes ago, Sam Buchanan said:

Hmmmm.......the suggestion I posted was to use velcro that has the strong stickum already on the velcro, it is pretty aggressive adhesive, no additional glue needed. Also, I used the 'wooly' side of the velcro, not the plastic 'whiskers'.

I guess that's what I get for trying to use one of my Dad's jokes

4 hours ago, NickPickToo said:

I guess that's what I get for trying to use one of my Dad's jokes

Ok....guess I whiffed on that one...and according to my family I am an authority on Dad jokes.... ?

A closer look at your photo reveals you did it the "correct way". Carry on, young man!

Edited by Sam Buchanan

37 minutes ago, NickPickToo said:

It may not be as shiny as the newer script, but I think the "vintage" stripped down scripts fits the color better.  Opinions?

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

I think you can't go wrong with either choice, but I prefer the one on top (no red).

Dad finished the trunk out for me last night.  I'll give him a thumbs up. 

Whole trunk has sound strips and insolation.  Walls are vinyl fabric from Joan fabric including the tire well walls.  There is a more rugged all weather carpet in the center tray and the bottom of the wheel well.  The tweed insert ties it all back into the color scheme.  All the center pieces are installed to be easily removed so I can get to the gas tank access panel. 

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

Edited by NickPickToo
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, NickPickToo said:

Dad finished the trunk out for me last night.  I'll give him a thumbs up. 

Whole trunk has sound strips and insolation.  Walls are vinyl fabric from Joan fabric including the tire well walls.  There is a more rugged all weather carpet in the center try and the bottom of the wheel well.  The tweed insert ties it all back into the color scheme.  All the center pieces are installed to be easily removed so I can get to the gas tank access panel. 

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

I like it,but lose the carpet in the wheel well. Water will eventually gather there,never dry,and rust it out.

This is assuming "wheel well" means the same thing to you as me,the will in the trunk where the spare tire goes.

Look what I found inside the vinyl cover on the sun visors.  It's the original visor cover crumbling into dust on the edges.  The internal board is in great shape.  I really like the trim and stitching around the edge on the original so we will try to replicate that.  

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

Need an assist.  I cant recall what specific order that this hardware for the vent windows go back together.  Thought I took a picture, but there have been too many pictures.  Looking it up in the parts manual, but do any of the original masters know off the top of their heads?

IMG_1107.jpg

Edited by NickPickToo