My First Car -- P15 1947 Plymouth Deluxe

NickPickToo
Go to solution Solved by kbuhagiar,

2 minutes ago, Los_Control said:

I never gone through this myself. I had a good friend who went through chemo, after a year battle it appeared he had won and was cancer free, 6 months later came back and started 2nd round of chemo ... it was just to much for him and he gave up.

I did go through a round of Dr's myself for 3+ years, the drugs they had me on really messed up my memory. 1.5  years after I stopped taking their drugs, I could not remember my own phone # or address. I went to a psychiatrist thinking I might have early stages of dementia. Just took time and the mind does recover.n

My project is just as much therapy for me as it is anything else. Physical & mental exercise.

You sound sharp, you have a good plan in place. And thinking ahead. I think you will be fine.

AMEN,AMEN,AMEN!

I hope to never wake up to discover I have nothing to do. I can't think of anything scarier.

If I happen to finish the 42 coupe,I will drive and enjoy it,and buy another project.

10 minutes ago, Dryerventwizard said:

Stay strong and God bless u if any of u are in California and need help let me know. Love to keep seeing ur knowledge passed on to me and other.

Thank you for both the offer and the good thoughts.

26 minutes ago, John Reddie said:

Knuckleharley, it's so nice to see you posting here again. Hang in there and keep working on the old gems. Wishing you the best and stay safe.

John R

Thank you!

I am wishing you all the best,too. Life is for living,so enjoy it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NickPickToo said:

Pics?

Here is a photo of the 31 Ply coupe. All original,and staying that way as long as I own it.

The 37 Dodge is a 1 ton factory 4x4 that was originally sold neIw to the city of Newport News,Va as a fire truck,and it has a 9-1/2 foot bed on the back. It is now sitting on a 72 Ford F-250 4X4 chassis,and has a modified 390 in it and the truck 4 speed. Both are being replaced,as well as the chassis,with a 79 Dodge 1/2 ton 4x4 chassis with everything already rebuilt,and a new factory crate 318 in it with a auto trans.

It is going to be painted the bright Lime Green you see on the new Jeeps.

May finish my 32 Ford coupe hot rod after the two Mopars above are sold. It is unchopped,but channeled the height of the chassis,and has an extended chassis (122 inches) with a suicide original "Dago" dropped front axle. 350 Chevy engine w/Dart 2 heads,10 to 1 Keith Black flattop pistons,gapless rings,roller rockers,dual quad intake,7 gand comp cam,and the block was put together by a Nascar Speed Shop,thanks to a friend that works there,

Car should be pretty fast. Going to have it painted baby blue,and probably have red and white flames added.

1246121184_LFront.jpg.5c26e6194c27dbac128f984e93d6d178.jpg

Left Rear.jpg

Edited by knuckleharley
  • Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 7:38 PM, NickPick'sCrew said:

Okay, I'm bragging a little.  Nicholas ran a cross country race today and then came home and finished up the rockers.  Down stairs Practicing trombone right now.    Same drill last week too.  He may have most of the heavy body work done this weekend.  Only has the Quarter panels and some finder weld patching to go.  Frank, I'm just about ready to give him his due now....  

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

I've been enjoying this thread, and you have every right to be proud.  Nick will be doing very well if he keeps up with two out of three of those like skills ( I still pick up my trombone, but my last, and first, competitive run was a 5k with my fellow co-workers at my first job after college - in 1977).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Floor is completed.  Treated whole floor with Metal prep, POR-15, and Topcoat.   Then painted on  OEM bed-liner in the trunk and real finder wells.  The main cab has a layer of rubberized sealant (Flex-seal) applied to the floor.  When we get to the interior work, a layer of foil insulation will go down under the carpet.  Should be a pretty quite ride.

Probably should have finished the body panel welding before painting the floor, but I just couldn't wait

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

Edited by NickPickToo
  • Like 2

This is where I ended today.  Weld, grind, and fill. 

I'm going to "delegate" some of this to my dad for a bit.  I'm all out at school these days.  He cant weld, so I'm asking him to smooth the rest of my welds and fab some more patches for me to weld in.   I can almost see the paint going on soon.

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

2 hours ago, NickPickToo said:

This is where I ended today.  Weld, grind, and fill. 

I'm going to "delegate" some of this to my dad for a bit.  I'm all out at school these days.  He cant weld, so I'm asking him to smooth the rest of my welds and fab some more patches for me to weld in.   I can almost see the paint going on soon.

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

Nick,please allow me an observation. You are going to do well in this world. The attention to detail you have shown while working on this car,your obvious strong desire to "do it right or not do it",and most of all,your patience speak highly of both your upbringing,and your own character.

You are NOT the typical teenager I see.

BTW,make sure at one point soon you thank your parents for raising you right from the start. Most of the parents I see today are too busy focusing on themselves to be bothered with the needs and wants of their children. What and who you have became up to this point is due to their diligence.

However,what you become will be up to you once you leave home. You are one of the fortunate few that had the luck to get  a good start at home.

Edited by knuckleharley
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Gently rub the door handle and say abra-kadrabra??

You trying to remove the pieces or is the issue that it is difficult to open or just unlock with the interior or exterior handle. Each has it's issues and different repair/adjustments. Return springs in the mechanisms get weak/worn and also break. They can be repaired but are a pain to do often but do-able.

Sorry I am not making fun, I still have two of my 4 dr. doors closure mech.'s that need work. I Can Slam hard to make them work but not happy with that, another (small?) future project!

DJ

59 minutes ago, NickPick'sCrew said:

I'm breaking Nicholas's doors down so we can clean 'em up.  There seems to be a trick to getting the lock mechanism to release, but I don't know the magic words.  I'm researching the manual, but wondering if any one here can give me a tip? 

Thanks,

Ben

this technique and wording in order to be successful works best with those suffering Tourette syndrome 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can’t speak for anyone else on here but me, I have to say Nick makes me feel proud of him For all he’s accomplished on his own and with help. I’m sure the rest of the guys feel the same way........so congratulations Nick and keep fighting the good fight.

PS this is weird but I also ran cross country (are you a baseball pitcher too?) and played the trombone in high school but my hot rod was a 69 New Yorker handed down to me from my Gramps LOL!